Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holster Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster Storage

Here's one that has me in a brain tease.......maybe someone has a good idea.....

THE OPERATIVE WORD ------- HOLSTERS

I have a box full of holsters which all fit some gun or another or several......I haven't sold or thrown away a holster in over 45 years of playing in the gun world.....

As some of you know I've been laid up lately with a health problem and I am a lot stronger with 3 weeks left before I go back to work...so......

I decided to straighten out one of my gun cabinets. I bought a couple of nice hand gun racks and love them.....have all the ammo in place by caliber, etc.

BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD DO I DO WITH THE HOLSTERS?????? Got a box full.....anyone devised a way to store holsters in a neat and concise way??
    Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
    - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Wish I could offer an idea. I've got a stack of them myself on the top shelf of a closet. Every time I want to go to the range, I grab a gun and then end up trying every holster before I find the right one.

Dave
    CERTIFIED GLOCK ARMORER
    1911 TRIGGER WORK

Comment

I finally took a black marker and put the ID of the gun that fits on the back or inside. Somewhere where it does not show when the holster is in place. Also have taken some of them up to the Dade City Range Sunday swap meets and sold a few I don't use.

It is hard to part with stuff that you are convinced you might use at sometime in the future. So pick 5 you haven't used in the last 10 years and dump them. Might put some money in your pocket towards a new gun.

Mine are kept in two drawers too hard to organize them since they are all sizes and shapes. I suppose you could ID them with zip ties and tags.
      Last edited by sig232; 03-23-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Take a couple of old belts and put as many holsters as you can on each belt. You can cut a wire hanger to fit through one of the belt holes and hang them up in your closet.

Comment

I would not dare allow my wife to see my box of holsters, how would I ever justify having more, slightly used, holsters than she has shoes.

I put some on consignment at a local gun auction in the past and have a couple in today's auction, but the return seldom exceeds $00.25 on the dollar.
          US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
          — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I struggle with mold , mildew or what ever that is. Any ideas on how to beat that?

Comment

i put three or four in a 1 gallon plastic bag then put them in a solid color plastic box no mole, bugs or mildew 99% of mine is lather

Comment

Buy one of those shoe bags that hang on a closet door. One shoe equals one holster.

Comment

Originally posted by cofdogrobber View Post
                  Buy one of those shoe bags that hang on a closet door. One shoe equals one holster.
                  That is a GREAT idea!!
                  Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

There are currently 109 users online. 0 members and 109 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                  X