Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass bedding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass bedding

Well I'm getting bored with no projects so I'm gonna try my hand at bedding my HS Precision stock. It already has the aluminium bedding so it should not be too much of a chore. I bought the Brownells Acraglas kit & all the fixins. I'm gonna prep the stock, barrel, & action tonight.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Sounds like a fun project. If you continue being bored I have lots of irons in the fire over here you are welcome to come stir.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

I might just take you up on that if I can get permission from the boss...I mean lovely wife. I think I like working on them almost as much as shooting them. I'd probably be way more nervous working on guns that aren't mine though.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

Most of mine are not gun related. I have a whole house/property remodel going on. I do have a Remington 700 30-06 I am working on though. I put it in a Magpul Hunter stock and am going to Durocoat it in a Riptile pattern camo. I got the tool to cut the barrel down so I can thread it for a brake and have to work the bolt down to thread it for an oversize knob. I plan on doing an ongoing thread on here when I get into it.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

I made the plunge yesterday. I prepped the metal with Johnson's paste way & used some modeling clay in all the nooks & crannies. Using the clay in front of the recoil lug recess was a mistake because it didn't allow the Acraglas to fill it properly once the action was installed. When I was cleaning it up I got a small chip on the bedding block epoxy. Both of these things could only mean one thing, mix up another small batch. I took the clay out of the front & applied the Acraglas thick. I put some of the wax in the area in front of the recoil lug instead of clay & it came out much better. Hopefully I can get to this range sometime this century. Getting the clay out of the action was a real choir & definitely the hardest part of this job.

Comment

More pictures of the action....

Comment

Looks like a fine job to me. Now all we will need is a range report. Good luck with it..
              The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

After I get it tested I want to add a Timney trigger & then send it top Badger to have them inlet the stock for the Konohawk bottom metal.

Comment

There are currently 194 users online. 0 members and 194 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                X