Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rifle Rest and Brass Catcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle Rest and Brass Catcher

Some time ago I put up pictures of the rifle rest that I made out of scrap lumber. Plywood and an old 2X4. Used some door insulation to put in the V-notch that the rifle and barrel sit in.

This has worked well for me for setting up my scopes and cleaning the rifles. The inside has a tray to hold bore sighting tools and cleaning goodies.

Also, Kurt I believe, made a brass catcher out of PVC pipe and canvas tarp. Set it to the right of your firearm and all the brass will be caught in the tarp. Ingenious.

I just take a tarp with me and lay it on the ground and it catches most the brass I fire. Pick it up and dump in on a bucket on the way home from woods shooting.

Here's my creation, a rest for sighting in.
    Made from some scrap wood and an old table top drill press stand.
    It can be adjusted up and down as well as tilted fore and aft.
    Kind of ugly, but it was free and works pretty good.

Comment

I remember way back I saw a brass catcher. it slid over your fingers and butted up to your thumb. had a small rod off it and looked like a fish tank net. it worked pretty good , was flexable enough to move where you needed it to line up with enjection of brass. I know some people did not like it on the strong hand but I used one a friend had . was a little strange at first but got 99% of flying brass, suprissed now looking back they are not still around.
      Caution my house is protected by GOD, GUN'S , and a PIT BULL. If you break in I GUARANTEE you will meet two or more

I may back up, But I will never back down...

Comment

was just looking and this is close to what i saw http://www.gracomodels.com/catcher.html or this one
        www.gracomodels.com
        Last edited by tommy t; 11-10-2010, 01:47 PM.
        Caution my house is protected by GOD, GUN'S , and a PIT BULL. If you break in I GUARANTEE you will meet two or more

I may back up, But I will never back down...

Comment

There are currently 83 users online. 2 members and 81 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
        X