Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

GSG AK 47 .22LR Test.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSG AK 47 .22LR Test.

I have wanted an AK 47 clone in .22 LR for a while. After looking at what was available and having experience with other GSG clones, I decided on the GSG AK-47 22.

I purchased my rifle from Florida Ammo Traders in Tampa. Vic had no problem getting the rifle in but extra magazines are difficult to get. Everywhere we looked they were back ordered.

I chose the model with black synthetic furniture. The gun comes with a metal trigger lock, a wrench for the thread protector on the threaded barrel, a chamber brush, an orange chamber safety flag, and a screwdriver tool kit with all the bits necessary to maintainand break down the gun. There is a functual cleaning rod mounted under the barrel.

The gun weighs 6 lbs 14 ounces with an empty magazine. It has an 18 inch barrel with an OAL of 36 and 1/4 inch.

The gun comes with a side rail for a scope mount. I have not tried it yet but I'm sure it will be like all other AK's. the side mount will be rock solid but puts the scope a little bit high for most shooters. In a .22 I don't see that as a problem.

The gun comes with an authentic AK style safety. The difference is the safety also holds the bolt open if desired. The bolt automatically locks open on an empty magazine. There is also a magazine safety on the rifle.

I measured the trigger pull at 8 lbs 5 ounces (5 pull average on my electronic scale). The pull is a bit heavy but it breaks crisp and I think it will get better as it breaks in.

The magazine that came with mine holds 24 rounds. I put a drop of Slip 2000 in the grooves where the follower rides and the mag operates smoothly with no hangups.

Accuracy was better than I expected out of a new gun on its first outing. Without touching the sights I was able to take the 10 ring out of my target at 25 yards. The rear sight is a slider just like a real AK with an adjustable front post. A sight adjustment tool comes in the tool kit included with the gun.

I had no failures of any kind with the rifle shooting both slow and rapid fire. It simply ran like a sewing machine.

At about $350 it is an expensive plinker. I really enjoyed shooting mine and I expect to put a lot of ammunition through the gun in a short while.

If you want a gun that shoots inexpensive ammo yet still has a huge cool rating this may be just what your looking for. For a kid that loves military stuff this gun is what dreams are made of.

So far, I can recommend this rifle. The only drawback I can see is availability of spare magazines. I think this will solve itself. I recently bought 3 new magazines for my GSG P522 and they were made by ProMag. I'm sure the GSG AK 47 mags will be the same way.

Here is a picture of my new GSG AK-47 22....

Don

very nice write up...i was thinking of getting one.....i want a nice "military" style .22....was gonna get an upper for my ar,but then i was leaning toward the gsg 522...now this is looking like fun..lol

Comment

It is a nice looking rifle. It shoots very well, too.
      The Big Kahuna

God Bless America

Comment

as always, a fine review. thanks for sharing.

Comment

Great review, enjoyed reading it.
          Looks like a fun range gun.

Comment

Nice!
            YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

Comment

I had a chance to put three mags through this rifle today, using three different ammos, and I was impressed with the way it shoots. The fit and finish are impressive as well, and I am now quite certain that GSG makes top-notch gear.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

That would be a good one to keep my M&P 15-22 company.
                YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                Working...
                X