Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really worth it?

Is the new G-5 Glock going to be worth the expense? For me the answer is No. For a left hand shooter, or some one who doesn't like the finger groves it may well be a plus. JMHO!
    Here's the article at the Outdoorhub..

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017...%205%20Handgun

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Yaaaawwwwnnn...

stock-photo-yawning-bored-girl-pop-art-retro-raster-illustration-comic-book-style-imitation-630700160.jpg
    Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Gee, I never had a chance to buy a Gen 4 and now a Gen 5 comes out. Must be the version that they put together for the military contract that they failed to get. Went to SIG I understand.

I like the finger groves on the Gen 3, fits my hand perfectly.

Comment

Our local Blue Label dealer says he is selling them at close to the Gen 4 price
        Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

I wonder if they will put a trigger in it I wouldn't have to replace? I took a friend to the range and she shot a bunch of different firearms. She was trying to decide on her fisrt handgun purchase. After a few different ones she was doing okay and after we went through everything I brought she started on the rental firearms. When she got to a GEN4 Glock she called me over because she thought something was wrong with it. I fired a couple of rounds, I cleared it and took it out to the owner and told him there was something wrong with the trigger. He did a couple of dry fires and said, no that is how they work. I was never a Glock fan but wouldn't bash them. The GEN4 I will bash, what a horrible trigger. Maybe the GEN5 with fix the trigger.
          Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
          What ever happened to common?
          ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

Very few Glocks have a decent trigger. You have to spend a few bucks to get a 3.5 connector.. Glock could do it but it would up the cost of the gun. I say so what as I have to buy a connector and put it in myself in order to get a decent trigger. Both of my Glocks have a trigger pull of 3.4 to 3.7 lbs. I have the 3 G-19, and a 1 G-43. Both are good shooters now. YMMV!
            The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I have installed the 3.5 connector in my two Glocks and the stainless steel recoil springs. I know folks who only shoot Glocks say they get used to the trigger and seem to shoot them just fine. Those of us that have many guns have that basis of comparison and find it hard to deal with the sloppy triggers they come with.

Comment

There are currently 89 users online. 0 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X