Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wright Leather Works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright Leather Works

Well I hope this is the correct spot for this because it is kind of a review. I was planning on ordering a holster from Wright Leather Works but I decided to try one of their 1.5" wide, 14 oz. (1/4" thick) genuine bull hide gun belts first. I ordered it on 12/16, it shipped on 12/20 & it arrived on 12/26. This thing is stout for sure & it fits great. As soon as I put it on I noticed that the size numbers on the inside were upside down & so was their logo on the outside of the belt. This is no big deal to me but if I was them I would want my trademark visible & legible for all to see. After the test fit I took it back off to change the buckle out to my own. I'm not sure if they used Loctite or have Lou Ferrigno tightening the Chicago Screws but they would not budge. I tried for a full day & had other people trying as well but I could not loosen them. Not being able to put my own buckle on a belt is a deal breaker for me. I contacted them to ask if there was a trick to getting them off. Brandon Wright replied & said to put one side on some rubber to get it to bite so I could loosen it. I had already tired that & every other material I could find but nothing worked. He suggest that they send a new belt without the hardware installed, which they did. I informed him that their logo was upside down also & he requested pictures. Once he received the pictures he said he would get a new belt out asap. I received the new belt this morning & my buckle went on easy. It fits great & feels great but I am a little disappointed because their logo is upside down again. I am not disappointed about how it looks but I am disappointed in their quality control. I brought this to their attention & they still managed to ship the replacement with the same error. I really wanted one of their holsters but I am not sure I feel confident ordering one now because of this QC issue. Does anyone else have experience with their products?
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Good review on this product. Thanks..
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

After a couple months of wearing this belt I can honestly say....I love it. It is thick & caused some issues with my carry knife & belt buckles but I have that worked out. Iíve carried IWB, OWB & in my pocket with comfort. A great gun belt is something I always overlooked but it makes a huge difference when you carry everyday. I ordered one of their Banshee IWB holster for my J-Frame. Waiting 8-10 weeks is going to be brutal.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

My belt came from Bullhide Belts and I was well pleased with it. I checked the screws and they were hand tight. I took them apart put some Blue Loctite on them. I carried what many consider heavy guns like 1911's, and many others. Never had a problem. People over look how important a belt is many times, but it is the foundation of your carry rig.

Comment

Well after 9 weeks & 3 days she is finally here. The Wright Leather Works Banshee IWB holster for my Smith & Wesson 442. I am at work right now so I haven't done a test fit yet but I'm super excited to get this bad girl into action. Something about the smell of fresh leather is very satisfying. The quality is great & they actually stamped their logo on it correctly which is a relief after 2 belts in a row had it upside down. Maybe they take more pride in their holsters. I'll get a picture with the revolver in it tonight.

Comment

So far it is very comfortable. Much better than the hybrid style holster I have been using. It is a small revolver so it's not bad to carry in general. The metal clips are much better for me because it makes the pistol ride much lower. I will definitely be getting more of their holsters in the future. I put the pistol in a plastic bag & in the holster overnight & it draws perfectly. I'm pretty happy with the purchase so far. We'll see how it holds up over the summer.

Comment

That's a good looking holster for sure. The finish and fit look good. Good luck with it.

Comment

Nice looking rig, Brian!
                President Trump IS My President!

Comment

When you said their logos were upside down, perhaps you were putting the belt on a different way than they envisioned? I say this because being LH, I tend to put my belt on counterclockwise, so anything would be seen upside down.......

Comment

Originally posted by BigDinFl View Post
                    When you said their logos were upside down, perhaps you were putting the belt on a different way than they envisioned? I say this because being LH, I tend to put my belt on counterclockwise, so anything would be seen upside down.......
                    I thought that as well but there is no option for a left or right handed model & all of the photos on their website are righties.

Comment

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                    X