Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Value of DPMS LR-308

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of DPMS LR-308

I have been looking for a new motor for my car and found someone who might be interested in trading my LR-308 for the motor. The value of the motor (6.0L lq9 out of a denali) is $1,500 delivered to me. This is a fair price for the motor.

I dont want to have this guy thinking I am trying to rip him off, so I am wondering if this would be a fair trade.

The gun:
    -A low serial number DPMS LR-308
    -Free float quad-rail
    -Jard single stage adjustable trigger
    -Foregrip/bi-pod
    -Millet TRS 4-16 illuminted scope
    -18'' barrel
    -Rock River front flip up sight
    -100 rounds of ammo
    -40 rounds of Lake City tungsten steel core ammo
    -Two 19 round mags and 1 5 round mag
    -All original paperwork/cleaning kit/hard case/original trigger, ect.
    -About 300 rounds fired.
    -Gun is in perfect condition - no scratches ect. Accurate too

Your thoughts? I know I have more into it then $1500, but thats not always what counts.
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    -Abraham Lincoln

I will give you my 'thoughts' but you must realize that they are worth exactly what you paid for them.

It doesn't matter what we think your rifle is worth.

In any trade situation, each of the traders must make their own assessment. How much 'value' do you place on the engine and the rifle? The other person sets those values in his mind FOR HIM. I don't expect that you would make the trade if you value the rifle more than the engine; and conversely, he won't make the trade if he values the engine more than the rifle.

Whatever happens, I hope you are satisfied.

Comment

My theory on the trade is that I would use the motor almost every weekend while I only use the gun a couple times a year. I shoot mostly 5.56 so the .308 hardly gets used.

These motors have huge potential. Rebuild the motor, new set of heads and some forced induction and 800-900 hp is easily accessible.

And yes you are right, the rifle is worth whatever it is worth to the person buying/trading for it. But they wouldnt make books on values of guns if the value of a gun is arbitrary.
      "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

800-900hp for 800-900yrds is a fair trade!
        NRA Life Member

Comment

you would be coming out ahead on the trade

Comment

Ok I figured it was worth 800-900 without the scope and if it didn't have a lot of stuff coming with it. I guess I may be wrong about the value of the gun. When I purchased them, they were pretty new on the market so I probably paid a bunch more then what they are selling for now. I haven't really kept up with their values either.

The motor would need an additional 10g to make those numbers. But that's still very cheap hp.
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
            Working...
            X