Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joined the AK family last night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the AK family last night!

Since 5.56 ammo prices are getting a little more insane every day, I decided to put my feelers out for a wasr-10. I had purchased one on my 18th birthday a few years back, and I abused the heck out of that thing. It never skipped a beat. So thanks to jazzmanDK I was able to add this beauty to my family. I plan on taking it apart and give it a solid cleaning before taking it to the range on Tuesday. 7.62x39 is still somewhat common and cheap, so now I don't have to count the dollar signs every time I empty a mag!

Very nice!!!! I am sure you will have fun with that! I have never owned or shot an AK but I do own an SKS. The AK seems to have a few similarities to the SKS. It looks to have a similar design to the gas tube as the SKS even down to the leaf sight? Is that where the similarity ends other than the obvious differences of a pistol grip and a higher front sight? They sure do look mean!
    Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

Comment

I think they are pretty much the same system with a few differences (as far as I know). The ak def doesn't get any awards for comfort. The stock is at an awkward angle, and you really have to work to get a good view of the sight. If we ever catch each other at the range I'll let you put some rounds through it mountain man..

Comment

Nice!
        I've owned a few different AK's over the years and you are right Lancer-86...they are uncomfortable. If you throw that AK in a nicer stock,get the trigger worked over and put a break on it ,...they actually become very nice shooters. Much more comfortable and a pleasure to shoot! When an AK is put into a comfortable platform.. your accuracy also increases. The trigger on AK's are also not gonna get any awards. A decent trigger job will also make a difference in comfort and accuracy.

AK's are the "pitbull" of the rifle world. Nasty disposition,tough, menacing and specifically designed to kill. With a little care and a few changes, AK's can be very nice.
        NRA Life Member

Comment

I've had an AK for a couple of years now....in fact bought it from a fellow forum member here....it is not pretty - in fact it simply looks menacing - shot the first time and ever since it hasn't missed a beat.....scary accurate, simple to use....if the shat were to hit the fan, I think the AK would be my choice to carry around with my handguns on my belt.
          Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
          - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Comment

There are currently 126 users online. 1 members and 125 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X