Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a case for my LAR-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a case for my LAR-8

Was looking on-line for a case for my LAR-8 this morning and am noticing that the mag pouches for most AR style rifles don't seem to be big enough for the 7.62 20 round mags. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Navarre_Rick; 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM.

I use the Explorer Rifle case for my AR-10 super sass. fits my AR-10 mags well. Also put my Saiga 12ga and drum too. It works great and fits all kinds of neat stuff. very well made!

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Soft-Car.../dp/B005F0NMJG
    NRA Life Member

Comment

That Explorer looks good. I was looking for something a little cheaper but your post got me to thinking why put an expensive weapon in a cheap case? I need to go ahead and buy something that will last. I like one I found from voodoo tactical also
      http://www.voodootactical.net/p-199-...se-padded.aspx
      Last edited by Navarre_Rick; 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I also have a voodoo. They are nice and well made. I carry my smaller rifles in the voodoo and the AR10 in the explorer. I chose the explorer because of its quality, very roomy, more mag capacity and can also carry pistols as well....And the divider doubles as a removable shooting mat!
        NRA Life Member

Comment

Here's the Explorer I have. Has a lot of space for everything. Good strong handle straps and can even be carried as a backpack. Has molle and a Velcro area in front for patches or whatever.

I carry mine with a few things that all fit comfortably. (not many rifle bags can accomplish this)
          Armalite AR-10 Super S.A.S.S w/Scope & bipod (inside)
          Saiga 12ga shotgun (inside)
          Colt 1911 .45 with mags (left large pouch pocket w/internal pistol pouch)
          2-20rd .308 mags (1st mag pouch)
          1-10rd .308 mag (1st mag pouch)
          2-10rd saiga 12ga mags (2nd, 3rd mag pouch)
          1-5rd saiga 12ga mag (3rd mag pouch)
          1 20rd Saiga 12ga Drum! (center large pouch)
          Targets, earplugs, shooting gloves, tool pouch. etc... (left large pouch)
          You could fit more stuff if you wanted.

I have quite a few different gun bags and cases.This is by far the best one I've owned so far. Very well made and can carry more fire power than any one man needs.. plus more! I got lucky and got this on sale for $99 shipped. I would definitely recommend this rifle case to anyone. Very sturdy and rugged. Very versatile, THICK padding and support and the divider comes out and opens up to be used as a shooting mat! it's worth the few extra $$
          Last edited by BShootin; 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM.
          NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by BShootin View Post
            Here's the Explorer I have. Has a lot of space for everything. Good strong handle straps and can even be carried as a backpack. Has molle and a Velcro area in front for patches or whatever.

I carry mine with a few things that all fit comfortably. (not many rifle bags can accomplish this)
            Armalite AR-10 Super S.A.S.S w/Scope & bipod (inside)
            Saiga 12ga shotgun (inside)
            Colt 1911 .45 with mags (left large pouch pocket w/internal pistol pouch)
            2-20rd .308 mags (1st mag pouch)
            1-10rd .308 mag (1st mag pouch)
            2-10rd saiga 12ga mags (2nd, 3rd mag pouch)
            1-5rd saiga 12ga mag (3rd mag pouch)
            1 20rd Saiga 12ga Drum! (center large pouch)
            Targets, earplugs, shooting gloves, tool pouch. etc... (left large pouch)
            You could fit more stuff if you wanted.

I have quite a few different gun bags and cases.This is by far the best one I've owned so far. Very well made and can carry more fire power than any one man needs.. plus more! I got lucky and got this on sale for $99 shipped. I would definitely recommend this rifle case to anyone. Very sturdy and rugged. Very versatile, THICK padding and support and the divider comes out and opens up to be used as a shooting mat! it's worth the few extra $$
            I have the same case. My Bushy 308 and another AR fit fine.
            Never tried the mag pouches since I carry the mags in a another range bag.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the posts. I think the Explorer would make a better range bag than the Voodoo. I do have another rifle and a shotgun that need homes. May have to get both.

Comment

There are currently 125 users online. 1 members and 124 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X