Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new US IWI TAVOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new US IWI TAVOR

Excellent look here at the new 5.56 bullpup TAVOR, a civi version of the Israeli rifle:

http://www.iwi.us/tavor.html

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

I don't know what it is about the Bullpup models. They always look cheap kind of like they are just plastic. Maybe it's the big hole in the handguard where the barrel comes out.

Comment

I like it. I wonder if there's any chance of a .300blk version.

Comment

Sexy... How much?
        Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
          Sexy... How much?

$2,000 according to their site, more if you want a Meprolight 21 reflex sight.

Comment

I suspect that Feinstein would not approve of this weapon...Amazing where they are going with guns nowdays. Pretty cool looking indeed.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelDuke View Post
              $2,000 according to their site, more if you want a Meprolight 21 reflex sight.

Group buy!!
              Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
                Sexy... How much?
                AIM Surplus was the only place I happened to see them available...they were getting $1999 shipped...I suspect the demand will remain very high, and the prices will probably edge up.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

I got to play with one last month at a shop here in Orlando and it sold for $1950. Let me just say it doesn't feel cheap at all. Great fit and finish, awesome overall length comparable to a fully collapsed DD Mk18.

The ONLY real issue I have with the Tavor is the very Glockish trigger. It has a longer pull than we're all used to with the AR platform. Not overall terrible, but seems like it'd take a little getting used to.

I'd probably buy one over a Scar 16s at this point. Too bad I already own so many ARs.

Comment

all bullpups seem to have triggers like that. I know my ps90 and fs2000 sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by jackie chan View Post
                      all bullpups seem to have triggers like that. I know my ps90 and fs2000 sure did.
                      Yep. It has to do with the linkage mechanism that it functions on.

Comment

I've been looking at these for a little while now. I haven't got to play with one yet, But If they're built anything like the other IMI/IWI weapons... then I want one BADLY!
                        NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by CaptCraig View Post
                          I don't know what it is about the Bullpup models. They always look cheap kind of like they are just plastic. Maybe it's the big hole in the handguard where the barrel comes out.
                          That's what I always thought too. Especially any of the aftermarket type bullpups. I got to handle and fondle a Steyr AUG and it seemed alright. felt nice and well made. But,.. I then picked up an FN FS2000 CQB and my thought process about bullpups completely changed! I never held a bullpup that felt so comfortable, durable and simple! So I bought it.
                          Here it is:

I don't know how the Tavor compares....But IMI/IWI is well known for making world class weapons. So, I can only imagine it's just that!...
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

The ones in your picture look solid. Congrats on the FN FS2000 CQB!

Comment

There are currently 129 users online. 1 members and 128 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                            X