Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

300 AAC Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 AAC Blackout

I put together an AR-15 in 300 AAC Blackout cal. I enjoyed this as I pieced everything together. Of course, there was that slight hesitation when I pulled the trigger on round 1. But the round went downrange and everything was great.
    I did discover that you really can't crono different loads while it's actually snowing, so that will have to wait until this next weekend, or the one after that, depending. But the rifle fired well, I got it reasonably zeroed so that I didn't shoot the crono, and the target bullet holes were MUCH bigger than the .223

Now, of course, I want to build a 6.8 SPC ;-)

Welcome to the addiction...

What barrel did you use?
    Last edited by GSPKurt; 12-09-2013, 07:11 PM.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

hi, my name is Mike and I am a 300 Black Out addict. welcome to a great multi purpose round tha goes well with the AR platform. if you reload you really can make some diverse ammo.
      peace through superior firepower

Comment

Snowing..., where were you? I didn't realize it was that cold in Florida.
        When you build your 6.8 SPC, seriously consider an ARP barrels. Very accurate. Both of mine will do 1/2" groups at 100 yards if I do my part. Great hog slayer!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_K View Post
          Now, of course, I want to build a 6.8 SPC ;-)
          Have stick - will poke .......if you own a 300BLK have you looked into the 6.5 Grendel? After the Blackout came out, I did away with my 6.8 and expanded my 6.5 Grendel rifles, as the functional overlap of the SPC was diluting my purpose built firearms. Where the 300 BLK ends, the 6.5 picks up and works wonders out to long distances. The 6.8 and 6.5 are completely different beasts, but if you own a BLK, then I would definately recommend at least investigating the 6.5G. (not trying to start a 6.5 vs 6.8 thread).

....And welcome to the 300 BLK club......and also to the waiting list for NFA paperwork! You say you only plan on running supers........but deep down the devil is calling you . Don't resist it! Don't......

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
            Welcome to the addiction...

What barrel did you use?
            Used a Noveske 16" with a pinned pistol length gas block. Free floated YHM Front rail, cheap mushy trigger, cheap scope. Both the trigger and scope will be upgraded to Trijicon and Timney over Christmas :)

Still waiting to try out various loads I built up, using 125 g Nosler Ballistic tip bullets, Lil Gun powder over a range of 16 - 18 g. But even with the mushy trigger and bad scope the rifle was getting pretty good groups with the 15.5 g test load I made. I think this will be pretty accurate out to 100 yards, which is my intended range for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
              Snowing..., where were you? I didn't realize it was that cold in Florida.
              When you build your 6.8 SPC, seriously consider an ARP barrels. Very accurate. Both of mine will do 1/2" groups at 100 yards if I do my part. Great hog slayer!
              I work in Maryland. Yes, I like the work, yes, I hate the state. But at least there is a nice range 20 minutes away with pistol, 100 and 200 yard rifle ranges.

I happen to have two more uppers and two more lowers laying around, so I could see a 6.8 and a 6.5 for completeness :). Thought about a 22LR, but those little cases are too hard to reload ;)

Comment

There are currently 127 users online. 0 members and 127 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X