Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sig 716 (.308) ammo recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 716 (.308) ammo recommendations?

Hello, just picked up a sig sauer 716 patrol. I have some match ammo to shoot now, just wondering if anyone has a certain preference in rounds. About to buy some bulk ammo so thought I would ask first. Thanks in advance! Chris

My DPMS LR-308 shows an affinity for 150 gr. Sierra Game-King bullets.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Thank you, I'll see if I can track a box down. I want to try some different combos before I buy in bulk.

Comment

With that forum name, you buy factory ammo?!?

Comment

Originally posted by XtremeReloaders View Post
          just wondering if anyone has a certain preference in rounds.
          Yep my reloads. Shots better than anything I can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
            With that forum name, you buy factory ammo?!?
            We reload what we can, but sometimes have to brake down and buy some. Also my godfather that passed was the pro reloader. He trained me well, but i still have a thing or two to learn. I'd say I reload about 75% of the rounds I shoot. One day I maybe can stop buying factory ammo. Thanks for the sugestions
            Last edited by XtremeReloaders; 12-10-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
              Yep my reloads. Shots better than anything I can buy.
              Thanks Ed, do you reloaded any .308 Winchester?

Comment

I load a LOT of .308.

Comment

Yep but not as much as Kurt. I've only been reloading for 1 1/2 years. Props to everybody on this Forum that has helped me learn reloading but especially Kurt and Baldy. They've really help over the stumbling blocks that I've had along the way. I've reloaded more 5.56 and 6.8 than .308. I usually focused on 6.8, especially hunting loads. 6.8 is my favorite caliber to reload and shoot.

Comment

Sure is nice having a forum like this to help us along the way. Kurt I'm going load some of the 150grain Nosler I have on hand to break the new Sig in this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it goes

Comment

You might want to look into Sierra or Hornady bullets. Nosler puts 50 in a box, charge what the others charge for 100...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, loading some of the noshers I have on hand here now. If I purchase some more bullets I'll look into those. Still stocking up on brass in that caliber right now.

Comment

There are currently 122 users online. 1 members and 121 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                        X