Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

WASR-10 underfolder vs. Yugo underfolder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WASR-10 underfolder vs. Yugo underfolder

Thinking about an underfolder AK. Ive read the yugo is built of higher quality parts, but for an ak how much of an impact does this have on performance? Also does anyone know why the Wasr undefolder stock stops at a downward slant opposed to the yugo which folds straight out?

The Yugo gets my vote, by a long shot.

Heavier steel was used to make the receiver, (1.6mm vs 1.0 of the Romanian)
    Heavier Barrel dissapates heat better
    Generally a much more accurate gun
    The Century and/or Global DCI model you have pictured also uses a brand new barrel for the Yugo versions.

I have owned both, and like the Yugo better.

Also, in the pictures you provided, it looks like the Yugo version has the correct slant brake and bayo lug, and while uglier, the correct style of synthetic handguards.

Meanwhile, the Wasr you showed is 'de-nutted' with a welded muzzle device and ground down bayo lug.

I also question the folding stock on the WASR shown, because on the two underfolding Romanian WASR's I have owned, both had the solid 'wire' type underfolding stocks. (as opposed to the stamped piece you see on that one.) It could be correct, but it may also be just whatever stock they had laying around slapped on that gun.
    T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Got a chance to compare the yugo and wasr the other day side by side. If I had the extra cash i would buy a yugo underfolder, all around quality seems better. I might end up buying one of those Draco pistols (not very practical, but a fun little firebreather)

Comment

The WASR is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to AKs. I have owned two of them and they are nothing to brag about. I have an Arsenal on my wishlist.
        NRA Life Member
        NRA Pistol Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by cfh View Post
          ... I have an Arsenal on my wishlist.
          Don't we all...

XF
          NRA Life Member

The heck with 911, I use 1911 !!

Comment

AK

The underfolder is great for some applications, but cumbersome for most. I sold it and got a drago---what fun, with a laser installed, it is a hoot to shoot and surprisingly accurate!.By the way, I own an SLR 95 by Arsenal, and it is a fine piece. I also noticed a norinco milled receiver MAK 90 for sale. anyone have any experience with one of those compared to the SLR???
            sigpic

Comment

Not all the parts for the Yugos are interchangeable with stock AK parts. I think the gas system and piston are different. If you plan to make modifications, or to stock spre parts it might matter to you. OTOH, get some of the rubber-headed Israeil surplus practice grenades and a box of blanks. AWESOME fun! Numrich had them recently, and I still see them at gunshows.

The MAK 90s are great, but if you want to make it look like a real AK instead of the neutered Clinton gun, you have to play the 922r parts count game to be legal.
              NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

Still kicking myself for not buying a Polytech undefolder in the pre-ban days...

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
                  Not all the parts for the Yugos are interchangeable with stock AK parts. I think the gas system and piston are different. If you plan to make modifications, or to stock spre parts it might matter to you. OTOH, get some of the rubber-headed Israeil surplus practice grenades and a box of blanks. AWESOME fun! Numrich had them recently, and I still see them at gunshows.

The MAK 90s are great, but if you want to make it look like a real AK instead of the neutered Clinton gun, you have to play the 922r parts count game to be legal.
                  I have two MAK90s, and I have considered converting them...but the reality is, not worth the trouble, and the thumbhole stock is actually pretty good.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

I'm a lefty so most thumbholes don't really fit me, but the real reason is that I hate the asinine premise that a rifle is more "socially acceptable" or somehow is less "dangerous" or more "sporting purpose" than an identical rifle with six inches less wood on it. The fact that some governmental idiot mandates it makes me just burn to change it to what it was designed for, even if just to thumb my nose at The Man.
                    NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

depends....i love my romy's....**** nice rifles for the price,you just really need to inspect the century imports well...if there isnt any cant to the rsb/gb/fsb and the mag doesn't wobble,you should be good to go.the chrome bore is a def +...the yugo's are very nice,but you either get a used barrel with the older stuff or a so-so new us barrel with the recent builds....i worked for a place that built m70ab2's for century....we built 150 a week from feb 09-july 09.....if you have any questions about them,feel free to pm me....i built my ab2 from stuff that was going in the trash........lotsa shrapnel/bullet damage/blood pitting :D

Comment

When I bought my yugo, both the yugo and the rommy were lying there side by side. I could tell a difference (in favor of yugo) just by picking them up. Its just a more solid gun.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Working...
                        X