Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Colt Walker Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Walker Kit

Hello everyone, I'm posting to see if anyone has info, good or bad, about the Walker kit that's advertised in Dixie Gun Works. My buddy wants a Walker but is turned off by the price compared to other black powder revolvers. He also said that he wouldn't mind a kit to work on, so this seems the perfect gig for him. The only thing I found out about it is that it is a Palmetto. I'm new to BP myself ( just got a ROA not long ago ), so I have no info on Palmettos to give him. There's 2 reviews on the Dixie site itself and those weren't bad. Thanks in advance for any information.

Re: Colt Walker Kit

I started shooting CAP&BALL revolvers in the 1970's I was a very low paid Jail Deputy and brass frame guns,and CVA kits were all I had for the first few years.The Walker Colt is a BIG handgun.I like them and look forward to having one again some day;but I think a Navy Colt or a !858 style Remington would be more enjoyable to start with.I have done well with the Possible Shop for all of my Black powder shooting needs.They have kits at a good price,as well as factory built guns.Their web site is very good..44 cal which is .451 or.454 dia round balls or conical bullets are a good choice..36 cal (.375dia.)balls and conicals are even cheaper to shoot and use less powder.Good files,screw drivers,and sandpaper are going to be needed.They come out well; but they do take time.You are about to learn about file &fit.

Comment

Re: Colt Walker Kit

I got a Kentucky pistol kit from Dixie many, many years ago and it was a scout project to build and my brother and I were actually allowed to take it on camping trips with the scouts and shoot it at cans. I had that pistol for over 20 years and lost track of it after getting married.

Comment

There are currently 90 users online. 1 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
      X