Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiappa Rhino Revolver Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiappa Rhino Revolver Available

From Gun Reports-

(GunReports.com) -- The Chiappa Rhino, a new revolver design, is now available at dealers.

Chiappa says the Rhino "tames the prehistoric characteristics of most revolvers," in which the Chiappa Rhino barrel is aligned with the bottom most chamber. The position of the barrel lowers the center of gravity and yields a centerline of the bore more in line with the shooter's arm allowing for the most natural "point ability" while engaging a target.

Chiappa claims this characteristic also drastically reduces both recoil and muzzle flip which insures subsequent shots to be on target faster. The reduction of the recoil allows for the use of ultra light alloys to be used in the construction of the Rhino.

Also, the flat sided cylinder design of the Rhino reduces the typical revolver profile allowing greater concealment, and the interchangeable barrel allows the Rhino to be switched from 2" to 6" barrel lengths.

The 2 Rhino is chambered in .357 Magnum offered in both gDh and gDSh actions. The D is a double action only action, while the DS is a double/single action. MSRPs on the different models run $749 for the 2-and 3-inch barrels; $869 for the 4-inch barrel; $895 for the 5-inch barrel; and $950 for the 6-inch barrel.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

That's a different look as I ever seen. It may turn out to be a winner. I would like to have one on the range for about a 1/2hr.
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

That's a different look as I ever seen.
      LOL!! That's one way to say it...
      Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

That grip angle doesn't look comfortable at all. Plus it looks like you'd be dragging wood with that trigger finger 'groove' unless you happen to fit it perfectly.

I'd like to try shooting one, but I'd not buy one until I had.
        T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

I'll say it. That is the ugliest gun I have ever seen.
          "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
          Saw this on a T-shirt and the first thing I thought was Democrat voters.

Comment

Looks like it got stepped on by a Rhino allright.

Comment

Personalarmament.com has an interview with the owner of the USA branch of the company that is selling these.
              It's on the main page of their web site.
              http://www.personalarmament.com/2010...-revolver.html

Comment

Originally posted by sam1911 View Post

I'm siding with Sam.

John
                I will not lay down.
                I WILL, however, assume a prone firing position if necessary!

Comment

There are a few youtube videos on the chiappa rhino. I think its a very interesting design, but I like the old s&w combat masterpiece .357 design the best.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1911 View Post
                    you said it,
                    design looks something like one of the chinese military revolvers with built in silencer.

Comment

When I think Chiappa I think inexpensive..... until now.
                      NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

Looks kind of neat, it also looks more functional than a traditional revolver. I watched a view videos and the recoil on the .357 seemed to be reduced quite a bit. Price on gunbroker runs between 600-700. The one thing I have a problem with is that it doesn't come in stainless, I refuse to own a carry piece in anything but. I think it will be a niche gun, like the 4-cop (anyone remember those). But this is all just my $.02

Tom

Comment

The initial review of this gun have been saying that it has very light recoil for a 357, and a pleasant single action trigger, but the dual action trigger is extremely heavy. I have heard that chiappa is releasing a kit that will reduce the pull weight.

Comment

Wow, it is ugly........
                            US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
                            — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Saw a review in some gun magazine that showed the mechanism. It would confuse a Swiss watchmaker. No wonder the DA pull needs work.
                              NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

There are currently 60 users online. 0 members and 60 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X