Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taurus Introduces the Raging Judge in New Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus Introduces the Raging Judge in New Caliber

MIAMI - Personal protection, home defense and sport shooting are easy work for the latest Taurus® Raging Judge that fires the larger, more powerful 28-gauge shotshell. The first Judge of its kind is ready to take on whatever comes your way. Whatever "it" happens to be.

The Taurus Raging Judge in 28 gauge comes equipped with the distinctive "Raging Bull" cushioned insert grip for reduced felt recoil and its strong, ordnance grade steel frame is built to take everything the revolver dishes out. Additional features include a single-action/double-action trigger and highly visible fiber optic front sight.

Available in blued or matte stainless finish with a 6.5 inch barrel, the Raging Judge in 28 gauge has overall length 13.75 inches and weighs 67 ounces. Like all Taurus handguns, the unique onboard Taurus Security System® allows users to securely lock the gun using an inconspicuous key-lock.

Beginning as a small tool manufacturer in Porto Alegre, Brazil more than sixty years ago, Taurus has become a diversified, international company celebrating resounding success as one of the world's leading small arms manufacturers. In 1941 the company produced its first revolver, and in 1984 changed the industry forever by offering customers an unqualified LIFETIME REPAIR POLICY™, posting record growth every year since. For additional information about Taurus and its complete line of products, visit www.taurususa.com. High-resolution images are available for download at www.taurusdownloads.com.

Visit Taurus at SHOT Show booth #14240.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Awesome! Too bad there's a limited selection in 28 gauge shells.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Pistol Instructor

Comment

Not For Me.......

.......but interesting, and they will sell quite a few.

How many #2 or "BB" can you fit into a 28ga. ??---pruhdlr
      "Why just dance when you can rock and roll."
      STONER 63 (MK23/XM207)

Comment

The thing is huge, fairly cheap, but I’ll continue to use my Mossberg 500 Cruiser for HD…..but might switch to the KelTec KSG with a KelTec PMR30 as a backup in the future. Never know when you might need a 14 round primary HD weapon with a 30 round backup.
        US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
        — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This thing is definitely on my list now.

Comment

How do they get around the NFA? The Judge is technically a .45 Long Colt with a rifled barrel and thus not a SBS. The 28ga doesn't have a compatible cartridge, it's even a bigger bore than the .500 S&W.

NFA ownership isn't as hard as the average person thinks, but can Taurus sell a gun with an added $200 tax and a 3 or 4 month extra wait?
            NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

I wonder if it's officially a .500 Linebaugh? That cartridge is pretty close to 28 guage shotshell dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
                How do they get around the NFA? The Judge is technically a .45 Long Colt with a rifled barrel and thus not a SBS. The 28ga doesn't have a compatible cartridge, it's even a bigger bore than the .500 S&W.

NFA ownership isn't as hard as the average person thinks, but can Taurus sell a gun with an added $200 tax and a 3 or 4 month extra wait?
                My thoughts, too.

Comment

I looked it up, 28ga is a .55 bore. Destructive Device or Short Barreled Shotgun?
                  NRA Certified Instructor.

Comment

Maybe they got an exemption for it?

Comment

These things have a big WOW! factor but the average person isn't going to be able to handle them very well. I would bet very few would practice enough to become really good with one. JMHO...
                      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I guess Smith and Wesson figures they can just rip off the judge because Taurus can't say crap to Smith about ripping off designs.

That being said, I've noticed that the marketing of the judge has been so top notch that people who know little to nothing about firearms often ask me about it as if it is the firearm currently propagating most quickly through popular culture. My uncle and my father are convinced that these things are be bee's knees without any evidence or even having shot one. This is not a commentary on the actual quality of the judge, but only that people so utterly removed from the firearms market as my uncle and father have somehow been reached by this marketing campaign.

It reminds me of how the Desert Eagle has become so prevalent in hollywood except that the judge has yet to appear in any mainstream films that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                          These things have a big WOW! factor but the average person isn't going to be able to handle them very well. I would bet very few would practice enough to become really good with one. JMHO...
                          I agree 100%, Baldy.

the judge has yet to appear in any mainstream films that I'm aware of
                          YET!!

Comment

Befuddled ??

Ask any expert of SD/HD about the usage of a .410 shotgun for defense and see what they say. So..........can't figure the lure of the Judge.

Anyway....the 28ga would be somewhat better.....but .....????? --- pruhdlr
                            "Why just dance when you can rock and roll."
                            STONER 63 (MK23/XM207)

Comment

Excuse me , if I don't understand why anyone would want this...

Comment

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X