Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peep site for a Super Blackhawk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peep site for a Super Blackhawk.

I recently aquired a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 10.5" barrel. I love it so far and intend to kill a few hogs and deer with it this year.
    I don't want to put a scope or red dot on it. To me, it just doesn't seem to fit on a single action revolver. I have found a couple sites where people mentioned peep sites for it.
    I never had problems with my eyes before, but I haven't shot with iron sites in years and it seems to be a problem for me now..... Getting old, I guess. In my mind a large aperature peep site might help me.

Does anyone here have a peep site on one? does it seem to help?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

rrbgtt... I sympathize with the old eyes thing. I'm dealing with it myself more and more all the time.

I do not know of a peep sight for your BH but if I may, let me recommend Williams Fire Sights as a solution to your problem.

They are fiber optic sights which without the aid of batteries collect light for an amazingly bright sight picture. At dusk/dark they are fantastic for hog or deer hunting.

You might look around the Williams site because they also have great peep sights. Call them, tell them what you need, and they may be able to work something out.

My choice is the Fire Sight... they work great!

http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/pistol.htm

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I had the peep sight on a SBH, and didn't like it. I don't like peep sights in general, though.
      Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

I think you are going to fail to find anything that will work, the gun will frustrate you beyond belief...SO to help you out, I will take it off your hands so that your unhappiness may be averted and a more simple way of life will make you feel better. Let me know and I will PM you my address to send it to..PS...no charge by me to you for this service, I wll suffer for you!
        Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets
        In Dog Years, I am Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankT View Post
          I think you are going to fail to find anything that will work, the gun will frustrate you beyond belief...SO to help you out, I will take it off your hands so that your unhappiness may be averted and a more simple way of life will make you feel better. Let me know and I will PM you my address to send it to..PS...no charge by me to you for this service, I wll suffer for you!

Comment

your just jealous you did not think of it first, besides mine was an honest offer to help a forum member!
            In Dog Years, I am Dead!

Comment

Nice try! NOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankT View Post
                Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel right pawning my problems off on someone so willing to help. Just the thought of it makes me feel guilty.
                NRA LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
                  I had the peep sight on a SBH, and didn't like it. I don't like peep sights in general, though.
                  I've always liked peep sites, just never had one on a handgun. I can find a couple brands that seem to currently be made, but can't find one available anywhere for sale. What was the brand and where did you get it?
                  I like the idea of the "One ragged hole" brand with two different aperature sizes, small for target and large for hunting. I just can't find a place that can get them.
                  NRA LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel right pawning my problems off on someone so willing to help. Just the thought of it makes me feel guilty.

LOL glad you took it in the manner it was offered and have a sense of humor! but just in case, don't worry about me I would be OK
                    In Dog Years, I am Dead!

Comment

Originally posted by rrbgtt View Post
                      I've always liked peep sites, just never had one on a handgun. I can find a couple brands that seem to currently be made, but can't find one available anywhere for sale. What was the brand and where did you get it?
                      I like the idea of the "One ragged hole" brand with two different aperature sizes, small for target and large for hunting. I just can't find a place that can get them.
                      I had the One Ragged Hole peep. I thought I got it from them directly, but it's been a few years...

Comment

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                      X