Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

US Revolver Co. - Can Anyone tell me more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Revolver Co. - Can Anyone tell me more?

A guy at my work showed me this thing today and was wondering what it is, how old it is, and what its value might be. It has been in his family for quite some time.

I know that is is a US revolver Co. revolver with a serial number 21580. It has no caliber numbers on it anywhere.

Any help would be great!

Last edited by G2gobig; 08-24-2011, 08:40 AM.

This gun was manufactured by Iver Johnson about 1915 - 1920. It appears to be a .32 Smith and Wesson... I think the barrel is 2 and 1/2 inches long and round, not octagon.

In 80% - 85% the gun is probably worth $150 to $175 range.

US Revolver firearms were manufactured by Iver Johnson as a less expensive line of weapons. The biggest difference between IJ and US was that the US guns had no transfer bar ignition system.

Hope this helps... might not be exact as to date or value but if you need more I would have to hit the books.....

Don

Comment

Don,

Thank you so much for your time and knowledge. I think this should be enough information for him. I knew one of the helpful members of the forum would be able to answer my questions.

Comment

Here's a old Iver Johnson that was the wife's Grandfathers. It's a 1885 Hammerless in .32 S&W. It's called a Owls Head by most folks. This old revolver is still shootable and worth about $150/$200...

U.S. Revolver Company was one of the trade names of Iver Johnson..

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Thats a pretty interesting looking revolver you have there. Pretty amazing that it is still shootable at that age. NEAT STUFF!

Comment

Originally posted by G2gobig View Post
            Thats a pretty interesting looking revolver you have there. Pretty amazing that it is still shootable at that age. NEAT STUFF!
            These were real popular with the river boat gamblers back in the late 1800's/early 1900's. They were the conceal carry of their day. Growing up on the OHIO River there was plenty of them to be had at one time. Here's another picture..

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I have a U.S. revolver in .32 S&W just like the one in the OP. Bangbang said it all as far as info. mine is doubleaction only inspite of having a hammer spur. I don't know if all of them are or not.
              peace through superior firepower

Comment

Baldy, you been in my safe again? I have the same pistol, have on with a hammer too.

P.S. It was good to see you at the range last night! Finally!!

XF
                NRA Life Member

The heck with 911, I use 1911 !!

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                  I US Revolver firearms were manufactured by Iver Johnson as a less expensive line of weapons. The biggest difference between IJ and US was that the US guns had no transfer bar ignition system.
                  I just bought a .32 Revolver marked "U.S. Revolver". I'm not sure if it has a Transfer Bar or a Hammer Block, but it absolutely has one of these. The Hammer has no Firing Pin incorporated into it - the Firing Pin is a tiny thing that is built into the gun just behind the Cylinder. Just behind the Trigger is a tiny bar that the Trigger pushes back into the frame before the Hammer is released.

The Cylinder spins freely while the gun is at rest.

So does anyone know whether a Transfer Bar or Hammer Block is in play here ?

Comment

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                  X