Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

H & R Top Break 32 Caliber

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & R Top Break 32 Caliber

I am trying to help a friend put a value on an old H&R top break double action revolver. Serial D 14910 and I suspect this gun was made in the late 1800's or early 1900's. Patent info on the top lists several pats with the last one listed as April 7, 1898. That may mean nothing but its all I have to go on.

For the life of me I cannot even find the caliber listed on the gun but the cylinder size looks like a 32 of some form.

Nickel plated with a barrel of a tad over 3".

Any ideas?

I don't see this gun listed in the Blue Book of gun values either.
    sigpic

Must be a rare bird!!
    sigpic

Comment

Would you buy this revolver?

Would you shoot it?

sigpic

Comment

I used to have one. Harrington & Richardson .32 S&W Long. I paid $175 in Maryland. Gave it to a friend when I left. Nice gun, but not really my style.

Comment

I have a old Owlshead which is same type of revolver. Most top breakes go between $100 and $200 bucks around here.

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford...

Comment

I have one of those Owl heads too. mine shoots but .32 S&W shorts are hards to come by.
            peace through superior firepower

Comment

I sold that H&R revolver today for $100 and was happy to see it go. Only way I would shoot it was to tie it to a tree and use a long string to pull the trigger.
              But I had no ammo for it and was happy not to provide a buyer with ammo to hurt himself.
              sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean Lee. I never give any old ammo or stuff that I have reloaded with any gun I sell. Factory ammo only if it's still with the box. Looks like your sales are moving right along. Good luck...
                Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford...

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                  I know what you mean Lee. I never give any old ammo or stuff that I have reloaded with any gun I sell. Factory ammo only if it's still with the box. Looks like your sales are moving right along. Good luck...

I managed to unload all but two of the guns and have a partial payment on the little 25 caliber tip up barrel. So one Remington model 31 pump shotgun and the collection is gone.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Working...
                  X