Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&W Model 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W Model 13

Just picked this up from a good friend. It is an Unfired 1980's Model 13 (4 inch) 357 Mag in Mint condition. He just about gave it to me for $250.00 but I made him take $300.00 I am very stoked to have this piece and cant wait to shoot her.

Thanks Don for getting me that info on this perty piece !! Sorry about the one picture but photo bucket is screwed up.

That's a fine old revolver that will last a couple of life times. Good luck with it Bronxboy...
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

nice gun!!, I'm looking for a 3" model either the 13 or 65

Comment

Originally posted by 257 roberts View Post
        nice gun!!, I'm looking for a 3" model either the 13 or 65
        I think the LadySmith version of the SS 65 is 3". Not sure, I will have to check, I have one in the safe I believe. The 3" is much more rare and worth a tad more.

Ah Ha, yes mine is indeed a 3" version in SS.
        Last edited by sig232; 09-06-2013, 06:52 AM.

Comment

I had a three inch Talo Model J frame.

if you get a three inch; be prepared to spend a lot of time trying to find a holster (other than a belt slide) to fit.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick McC. View Post
            I had a three inch Talo Model J frame.

if you get a three inch; be prepared to spend a lot of time trying to find a holster (other than a belt slide) to fit.

Rick
            Not a problem with the model 65 it fits just fine in any holster designed for the 4". But the J frames come with closed end holsters designed for the short barrels, for the most part, so it can be hard to find the proper holster.

Comment

Originally posted by sig232 View Post
              Not a problem with the model 65 it fits just fine in anyholster designed for the 4". But the J frames come with closed end holsters designed for the short barrels, for the most part, so it can be hard to find the proper holster.
              Great find by the OP!

Sig:

I know you can fit a shorter revolver in a longer holster; but it's just about impossible to find a J frame holster for more than a 2 1/4" barrel. And for CCW use (main purpose for short barreled guns); it kind of defeats the purpose to stick a smaller gun in a larger holster.

I personally don't like having some of my barrel and the front sight extending below the holster.

Sometimes you can cut a longer holster down, but I've found that most pancake style holsters design and stitching don't lend themselves to that very well.

I was really surprised to find myself in that position after I bought the gun; because a three inch barrel does seem to be a great "compromise" length for a multi purpose revolver.

Have you got a sunburn yet?

Rick

Comment

I love mine 13-3 model. real fun to shoot.

Comment

When I needed to classify in the IDPA Revolver division, I borrowed a friends 47 year old Model 13, just like yours. Made Marksman the first time out.

Nice gun to shoot.

Keep an eye on the screws!

AD

Comment

I had one of these and gave it away. I really regret it but he was a good friend. It is one of the nicest shooting revolvers out there. Wish I had another one

Comment

There are currently 72 users online. 1 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                    X