Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Want to build a Remington 579 ???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to build a Remington 579 ???

I want to build a remington 579. Everyone is doing the ruger10-22. I know that I can find plenty of after-market parts. I am looking for any input from you veterans. Is it worth it?? The first reason is I already have one bone stock. Or a savage /springfield 187n ?? have one of them too. I have been told that the 10-22 is better and I could do much more with it. I am just looking to build somthing that ( Squirrel Girl ) can enjoy to shoot. Super accurate, and smoth trigger easy pull, and turning heads, when she pulls it out would be nice too. I am sure Bang Bang won't get any rest when I get started on this build. Please give me your thoughts on this, I have already been looking at parts for the 597. I really like the savage 187n also. Maybe that should be considered?? Please help let me know which way you would go. Like I said, I already have the Remington, and don't really want to go get a 10-22 funds are getting tighter every day

Thanks and I have strong shoulders so I can handle what you say. Besides that, I am not sleeping with you, just need to keep Squirrel Girl happy and this will be her's when finished.. Thanks again and GOD BLESS.
    Caution my house is protected by GOD, GUN'S , and a PIT BULL. If you break in I GUARANTEE you will meet two or more

I may back up, But I will never back down...

eyesbug Squirrel Girl!

Besides that, I am not sleeping with you
    Whew, that's a relief!
    The Big Kahuna

God Bless America

Comment

Thats all I get come on.
      Caution my house is protected by GOD, GUN'S , and a PIT BULL. If you break in I GUARANTEE you will meet two or more

Comment

I would go up on http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/ and read through what some of them guys have done with your rifle. They got some neat .22s up there. Good luck and don't forget pictures through out your build.
        Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford...

Comment

That build is for MY gun. I will be sure to take periodic pictures. I can even post the critters that I tag with it too.
          Hunt it, shoot it, skin it, and cook it. What's in your freezer?

Comment

BALDY Thanks for the other site, looked at it really quick, may have somthing I can use This is going to take a little while, I am still buying stuff for me with funds she has not found. ( until now)

Comment

I am still buying stuff for me with funds she has not found. ( until now)
              Uh Oh! Busted! ;-)
              The Big Kahuna

God Bless America

Comment

I found it!!! It's a REAL good thing I'm not "high maintenance." I like the money better for tricking my gun.

Comment

You Go Girl...Make him build it to what ever color or combination that you want. He can always build another one for his self.
                  Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford...

Comment

Well We know that it will have a stockys blue laminate stock. The barrel will most likley be powdercoated. and still thinking about the rest, mine will still blow hers away, I am practicing on hers

Comment

Blue is definately my favorite color. FYI.... mine will also be better than his. Mostly because I can shoot better. Love you Tommy. :P

Comment

she only wishes. I was shooting before she was born. Yes I robed the cradle

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                        Working...
                        X