Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Remington Nylon 66 Value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Nylon 66 Value

I see a nice Remington Nylon 66 in Chrome in one of the collections I am working on.

Its 22 caliber of course. What value would you place on one of these?

Don should be able to help you out but I've noticed that they command a pretty good price,( I have the model 11 bolt action)

Comment

the ones with a smooth bore get big bucks otherwise about 250-400 depending on condition.

Comment

Here you go Sig... http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...ngton_Nylon_66 ...Good luck...
        The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Lee...... The Nylons are great little rifles and are actually a niche collectible in their own right.

I am seriously looking for one like you describe for my own collection, but I have not found one yet that I can afford. Actually, its a case of when I find one I dont have the money and when I have the money I dont find the gun.

The Nylons were manufactured from about 1959 through 1990. There were just under 300,000 produced total with about 15 or 16 variants of the basic Model 66.

They were made in three basic models. There were 3 bolt action single shot versions (Models Nylon 10 single shot, Nylon 10 - SB single shot, and model 10 - C). The model 10 - SB was the smallest run with only about 2000 guns produced. Like the model 10, it was a single shot bolt action but it featured a smooth bore barrel made to shoot only .22 shot shells. Book value on the 10 - SB is about $600 in 90% condition but because they are so rare the value fluctuates wildly depending on who is selling and who is buying. The model 10 - C had a 10 shot box magazine.

The second varient was a semi auto, butt stock tube fed, 14 shot, with a 19 and 5/8 barrel. They were produced in 4 different colors.... Mohawk Brown, Black Diamond, Apache Black/Chrome, and Seneca Green. The Seneca Green is the hardest to find, bringing a premium of $50 to $100 dollars. They were also produced in .22 short caliber but those are, like the shot shell version, extremely rare.

The third varient is the Nylon 76. It is a short throw lever action and was only produced from 1962 through 1964. This was, by the way, the only lever action .22 Remington ever produced. The Apache Black/Chrome Nylon 76 is the rarest of all the Nylons.... there were only 1,600 produced and they are valued at $1000 and up.

The Nylon 77 was just like the model 66 except that it had a 5 shot box magazine. It was manufactured from 1970 through 1971.

Finally, there was a Nylon Apache 77.... It was similar to the model 10 - C (bolt action) but it had an olive green stock, black painted metal, and was only manufactured for sale in K-Mart stores.

As far as value... I think you have the Apache Black/Chrome version. The book lists that gun at $400 in 90% condition. It is worth (by the book) $425 if it has the Remington 150th Anniversary logo (1966) on it and $350 if it is the Bicentennial model (1976). All values are for 90% condition.

Remember, like I already explained, these guns will bring a premium. The book value is a "have to start somewhere" number at best. As with all used gun sales it depends on how much a buyer is willing to pay.

Please let me know what you want for the one you are selling.... maybe I can get a good deal and maybe I'll have some money to buy it!

I hope this info helps you a bit... these guns are a favorite of mine and touched a nerve so when I saw your post I couldn't help sharing what I know about them.

Don
          Last edited by BangBang; 09-20-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
            Lee...... The Nylons are great little rifles and are actually a niche collectible in their own right.

I am seriously looking for one like you describe for my own collection, but I have not found one yet that I can afford. Actually, its a case of when I find one I dont have the money and when I have the money I dont find the gun.

The Nylons were manufactured from about 1959 through 1990. There were just under 300,000 produced total with about 15 or 16 variants of the basic Model 66.

They were made in three basic models. There were 3 bolt action single shot versions (Models Nylon 10 single shot, Nylon 10 - SB single shot, and model 10 - C). The model 10 - SB was the smallest run with only about 2000 guns produced. Like the model 10, it was a single shot bolt action but it featured a smooth bore barrel made to shoot only .22 shot shells. Book value on the 10 - SB is about $600 in 90% condition but because they are so rare the value fluctuates wildly depending on who is selling and who is buying. The model 10 - C had a 10 shot box magazine.

The second varient was a semi auto, butt stock tube fed, 14 shot, with a 19 and 5/8 barrel. They were produced in 4 different colors.... Mohawk Brown, Black Diamond, Apache Black/Chrome, and Seneca Green. The Seneca Green is the hardest to find, bringing a premium of $50 to $100 dollars. They were also produced in .22 short caliber but those are, like the shot shell version, extremely rare.

The third varient is the Nylon 76. It is a short throw lever action and was only produced from 1962 through 1964. This was, by the way, the only lever action .22 Remington ever produced. The Apache Black/Chrome Nylon 76 is the rarest of all the Nylons.... there were only 1,600 produced and they are valued at $1000 and up.

The Nylon 77 was just like the model 66 except that it had a 5 shot box magazine. It was manufactured from 1970 through 1971.

Finally, there was a Nylon Apache 77.... It was similar to the model 10 - C (bolt action) but it had an olive green stock, black painted metal, and was only manufactured for sale in K-Mart stores.

As far as value... I think you have the Apache Black/Chrome version. The book lists that gun at $400 in 90% condition. It is worth (by the book) $425 if it has the Remington 150th Anniversary logo (1966) on it and $350 if it is the Bicentennial model (1976). All values are for 90% condition.

Remember, like I already explained, these guns will bring a premium. The book value is a "have to start somewhere" number at best. As with all used gun sales it depends on how much a buyer is willing to pay.

Please let me know what you want for the one you are selling.... maybe I can get a good deal and maybe I'll have some money to buy it!

I hope this info helps you a bit... these guns are a favorite of mine and touched a nerve so when I saw your post I couldn't help sharing what I know about them.

Don

Don, toss me a bid and I will e-mail it on to the guy that is handling the estate. They only asked me to help them value the guns at this point, all 29 of them and are willing to take bids. I think that rifle currently has a paper price of $325 or so.

If you are interested and put out a reasonable bid and I will give them a call to see if thats acceptable. If they accept I will drive out and pick it up, clean it up and check it for you. I can tell you the serial number is A2197226 that may help you ID the exact model.

I do know the guy wants to offload these guns ASAP, he has two businesses to run, and will not be putting them up on GB for auction. At least that is what he said so far. That may change but so far he has not requested that I assist him in selling the guns.

Comment

Don
              Don where does my model 11 fit in ? its a bolt action mag fed (clip)

Comment

Mike, the model 11 was produced from 1962 through 1964. There were about 22,000 of them produced. It is a bolt action and came with either a 6 or 10 round box magazine.

Blue Book values it at $275 in 90% condition. If you found a collector who had the money you could (depending on condition) do better than that. As the Blue Book says... "This Model is infrequently encountered and prices can vary widely.".

If you ever decide to get rid of it let me know.....

Don

Comment

The Remington Nylon 66 Apache Black was the first gun I ever owned. I got it in 1976 I believe. I had that rifle until it was stolen out of my truck while I was hunting in the Ocala National Forest in the mid '90's. Over the past two years I have bought three of these and sold two of them. The highest price I paid was $425 I believe and that was for a pristine AB model. I sold a lesser condition AB model for $400 and a Mohawk Brown model for $400 also. The market is good if the guns are in excellent shape. If they are not in near new shape they are worth much less in my opinion.
                  Scott

Comment

Here is what mine looks like.

Peace
                    Last edited by DCB; 09-20-2012, 07:45 PM.
                    DCB <><
                    John 14:6

Comment

Mike, the model 11 was produced from 1962 through 1964. There were about 22,000 of them produced. It is a bolt action and came with either a 6 or 10 round box magazine.

Blue Book values it at $275 in 90% condition. If you found a collector who had the money you could (depending on condition) do better than that. As the Blue Book says... "This Model is infrequently encountered and prices can vary widely.".

If you ever decide to get rid of it let me know.....

Don
                      thanks!!!!

Comment

Oh yeah ! Looking very sweet. I have a Mohawk brown 66 I bought new in 1979 & it's pristine. More info below as I've decided to sell it or trade towards a AK.
                        Last edited by GuidoFL; 10-11-2013, 10:40 PM.
                        NRA Life Member, Endowment level. I speak AK as that is the rifle to have.. for any occasion

Comment

I have a Mohawk brown Nylon 66 I bought new in 1979 for sale. Also have theResized 1.jpg original manual for field stripping instructions. The gun is like new and I rate it at 95% because it's not new. Comes with a new Ruger 10/22 soft case. Photos on request.
                          NRA Life Member, Endowment level. I speak AK as that is the rifle to have.. for any occasion

Comment

While not for sale since my father gave it to me, and I'm pasting it on to one of my grand kids, I have a mohawk brown in very good condition (85%). It's a great shooting little rifle.

NRA Certified Instructor Range Safety Officer
                            Glock Certified Armorer GSSF Member CWL Holder
                            Glock 23, TruGlo Sights Glock 27 BUG, 1 - G22 HiCap Mag
                            Take a look at some of the knives forged by me here!

"Under Regan we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash...
                            ...Now we have No Hope and No Cash!!!"

Marquee

Comment

Once again, BangBang over-delivers on the great information. Thank you for that sir! DCB and Guido- Those are very nice looking rifles!

Comment

There are currently 91 users online. 1 members and 90 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X