Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice. Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules: 1) Only post a small summary of the article. 2) Include a link to the original content with summary. Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned. These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized reposts and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

New BoomStick!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BoomStick!

BoomStick1.jpg

It is a Savage 10 FCP-SR, Flat Dark Earth Accustock Stock, AccuTrigger in 6.5 Creedmoor caliber with 24-inch barrel and 10rd detachable magazine.
    I have a Mueller 8-32x40 scope on it for load development. I also put my SilencerCo Harvester30 suppressor on it. Harris Bipod and Accu-Shot Monopod.
    Go, Trump, Go!

Holy crap that's nice! Great Inauguration Day present!

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

Good choice and caliber selection. I have a similar model the 10T but in .308. Wish I'd purchased the 6.5 CM. But my barrel won't last forever. Shot a .65 MOA group today. Don't care for the stock. Can't seem to get comfortable with it.
      Last edited by Ed308; 01-22-2017, 07:23 PM. Reason: Updated group size after measuring.

Comment

All I can do is drool over it.. Very cool set up. Good luck with it.
        The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Be interested to hear your thoughts on the stock. I can't get comfortable with the stock on my 10T. I think its the same as your stock. I really have trouble getting a good sight through the scope due to the lack of a adjustable comb. I've tried pads and different scope mounts and nothing seems to work. So, after thinking about it last night, the stock on mine has got to go. But not sure what I'll replace it with.

My 10T also has way too much recoil since it's in .308 caliber and no brake on the barrel. I have to reposition everything after each shoot which slows down followup shoots. I tried out a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5 CM at the range yesterday. I was surprised that is had some recoil since it had a huge brake installed. So maybe I'm just a recoil wimp and need to consider 6mm Dasher or 6.5x47 Lapua for me next barrel.

Work in progress for me. By the time I'm done changing stuff on mine, I would've saved money by going with a Ruger Precision Rifle or the Savage BA Stealth.
          Last edited by Ed308; 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
            Be interested to hear your thoughts on the stock. I can't get comfortable with the stock on my 10T. I think its the same as your stock. I really have trouble getting a good sight through the scope due to the lack of a adjustable comb. I've tried pads and different scope mounts and nothing seems to work. So, after thinking about it last night, the stock on mine has got to go. But not sure what I'll replace it with.

My 10T also has way too much recoil since it's in .308 caliber and no brake on the barrel. I have to reposition everything after each shoot which slows down followup shoots. I tried out a Savage BA Stealth in 6.5 CM at the range yesterday. I was surprised that is had some recoil since it had a huge brake installed. So maybe I'm just a recoil wimp and need to consider 6mm Dasher or 6.5x47 Lapua for me next barrel.

Work in progress for me. By the time I'm done changing stuff on mine, I would've saved money by going with a Ruger Precision Rifle or the Savage BA Stealth.
            You can add an adjustable comb fairly easily, Ed.

Here, Ed-

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01A4X76IQ?psc=1
            Last edited by GSPKurt; 01-22-2017, 07:18 PM.
            Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

I've consider that option. I think going new stock. Just not sure which one. Bell and Carlson has some for around $275.

Comment

• GSPKurt
                GSPKurt commented
                Editing a comment
                OK, didn't know if you were aware of this.

Stick a bubble level on the scope tube like the ones Vortex sells. Can make a big difference in your groups.

This is the groups I'm getting with my Savage 10T in .308. Around .65" at 100. I seem to always a flyer out of 5 shots. I know I can do better once I get comfortable with my rig.

Comment

Kurt, how's it shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
                  Kurt, how's it shoot?
                  Still doing load development. I am loading some of the new Noslers and Hornadys now. I put a Sightron SIII 8-32X56 on it, still deciding on keeping the Accutrigger or dumping it for a Timney or SSS trigger.
                  Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

• Ed308
                    Ed308 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The trigger question would be a good question for the Savage Forum. I just joined a while back. Don't know enough to open my big mouth. Still learning. But the Savage trigger doesn't seem to bad for me. The stock and my scope are my biggest problems. I've decided to go with a Boyds Pro Varmint laminate stock. About $200. The scope will have to wait a while. Those Vortex PST in 6-25 ain't cheap.
                    Last edited by Ed308; 02-19-2017, 11:37 PM.

There are currently 89 users online. 1 members and 88 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                X