Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bolt gun set up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
    Sexy!! Any trigger swap possibilities? I really liked the Timney I had on my 700.
    Thanks. I have definitely though about it. This one seems to break clean & doesn't feel bad to me at all. I have not tried lowering the pull weight yet. If it feels like crap when I get to the range a trigger swap will be happening. The Timney is the brand I had my eyes on.
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

Well after I just did the bedding job on the ol' girl I was planning on adding a TriggerTech trigger & eventually adding a DBM. As I was about to order the trigger I saw Konohawk had their DBM bottom metal on sale & I could not pass it up. It is compatible with stocks inletted for Badger M5 DBM trigger guards. It is also compatible with Accuracy International AICS mags & AICS pattern alternatives. So that means I can use the Magpul 7.62 AC magazines at half the cost of the AICS mags. I like the mag release on this one better than the Badger because it does not hang down so much. It just came in so I have not done a test fit but I'm 99% sure I will need to get my stock inletted. Badger offers the service for $75 so I'll have to ship it off. I'm really impressed with the feel of it & can't wait to get it installed.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

One step closer to being bona fide! I sent my stock to Badger Ordnance last week to get inleted for the Konohawk bottom metal. This morning I received my TriggerTech trigger & a 5 round Magpul 7.62 AC magazine. I can't find anyone with the 10 round magazines in stock. I'm pretty excited to get it assembled. I might have to take a "vacation" day to get it re-sighted in. Don't tell my wife!!!!

Comment

Here's a couple before pictures since photobucket took a dump on us. I have also added a Seekins Precision SRS & a Leupold 2.5" sunshade.
          Last edited by tekoken; 04-16-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Nice looking rifle you have there, Brian!
            President Trump IS My President!

Comment

Nice looking rifle you have there, Brian!
              Thank you. I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my freshly inleted stock from Badger & it has only been a few days.

Comment

I got my freshly inleted HS Precision stock back from Badger Ordnance today. It took 9 business days & man am I so glad I didnít attempt this with my Dremel. It looks so perfect & cleanly done.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tekoken; 04-30-2018, 08:04 PM. Reason: Added photos

Comment

I installed the TriggerTech trigger, tightened everything down with the Konohawk bottom metal & re-mounted my scope. The Magpul AI mags fit perfectly. I bought some Federal 175gr Sierra Match Kings because theyíre supposed to be great with the 5R barrel. I canít wait to get to the range to sight her in. Weíll see if glass bedding & a better trigger will make a difference. Probably not too much at my skill leaves but itís been a fun project.
                  Attached Files

Comment

More photos....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks real nice. Bet it is going to be a great shooter. I am fixing to get into my 700 project when I wrap up a couple of other projects.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

That looks B.A.! I'll bet you like that trigger!
                        President Trump IS My President!

Comment

That looks B.A.! I'll bet you like that trigger!
                          Thanks. I do really like the trigger. After all this I'm looking at the barrel & thinking I might need to Cerekote it black.

Comment

I see some real fun in your future..LoL! Enjoy it Brian..
                            The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

There are currently 119 users online. 0 members and 119 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                            X