Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Collecting Rimfire Rifles: Old & New!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collecting Rimfire Rifles: Old & New!

I likely put 500 rounds of rimfire ammo downrange for every round of centerfire ammo. Although, I do collect a lot of things it is the rimfire that get used the most. Below is a curious one. I picked this up at the Wal Mart on Southern Blvd in Palm Beach about ten years ago. I was coming out of the gun show at the fairgrounds without buying a thing. We headed to Wal Mart and talked to the Sporting Good manager. He said he had this one but that box was pitched he would sell it to me for $90. I negotiated it to $90 out the door and took it. This is aparently a special run of stainless steel, green mannlicher stocked 10/22s that were made in the mid-90s soley for Wal Mart. These are hard buggers to find! Anyone else collecting rimfires? I could write about dozens I have!

Re: Collecting Rimfire Rifles: Old & New!

I've got one just like yours that I bought a few years ago at WalMart when they were clearing them out. It's still brand new in the box.
    They are sometimes called the WalMart Special because they were made exclusively for WalMart.

Comment

I remember those in the Walmart stores about ten years ago, or a little bit less. Nice rifles. The only 10/22 I have is an old walnut stocked carbine.

.22 rifles and handguns are fun and they are perfect training tools. The Third Reich, the USSR, and China have found training with air rifles and .22s at a young age to be the key to good marksmanship.

Comment

I have an AMT Lightning rifle. Looks like a Ruger 10/22 in stainless with a folding stock. But unlike the Ruger's aluminum receiver, the AMT has a real stainless steel receiver. Also has a groove for scope rings built into the receiver.

Heard that AMT quit making the Lightning rifles and pistols because they infringed on the Ruger patented designs. Sure looks like it -- the Lightning rifle takes Ruger mags and other parts. These have become a bit hard to find since many custom gunsmiths preferred the stronger stainless AMT receivers over the aluminum Ruger receivers for building custom 10/22 tack drivers.

Anyone else have an AMT Lightning rifle or pistol? How does yours shoot?
        http://PatriotPost.US -- It's Right, It's Free

Comment

AMT was notorious for copying others. They got in trouble for it more than once.
          I own five 10/22s. A couple of them have tens of thousands of rounds through them with no problems at all. There's a reason the 10/22 has been manufactured relatively unchanged for 40 years, it works.

Comment

Heres one MJ, my son gave me the stock, I lightened and shortened it a bit, put a cheap dot scope on it and short plastic barrell. Nice fun gun I think. Will have to get a pic of it where the green shows.
            What elese can you do to a green gun anyway.

Comment

Oh yea, I have just a few .22 rifles but the tack driver is an old Western Auto bolt gun I traded about $40 worth of ammo for.

Comment

I just got my hands on a project rifle. It is a Marlin Golden 39A circa 1973. It has been poorly stored and has lots of surface rust. The stock has been literally destroyed with what I guess was a belt sander. Surprisingly, she shot quit well after I cleaned out the bore and receiver. I see lots of steel wool and a new replacement stock in my future 8) By the way, I got it for $50 :D

Comment

Good deal, Wynn. That is a good gun to fix.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Working...
                  X