Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Diamondback 380 problems- Company not truthful!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamondback 380 problems- Company not truthful!

Hello Everyone in sunny florida. I am starting a thread to assist other owners of the little Diamondback 380's who have been having problems with these locally made guns. Me, I bought a chrome db380 in the ZB serial number range in early december 2010. Never got through one mag without numerous jams, misfires and failure to lock problems. Finnally on third magazine when things were moving along the gun jammed, a spent case jammed sideways in the slide and ripped up my hand. I had to stop shooting and the bleeding. It took 2 of us 40 minutes to get the gun open, and the mag and crushed casing out of the gun. I was using only new fresh fmj by speer, PMC, remington and then corbon hp's. Took the gun down and cleaned it, light lube and after 3 rounds the gun failed to fire, the trigger disconnector stayed disconnected, end of shooting. That day I called Peter the Gunsmith at DB and asked him if there were any problems with these guns. He told me over and over he was unaware of any problems and kind of told me it must be me or the ammo. I told him shooting is something I do often and have many guns and shoot all the time. I told him this gun was to be my carry gun in the summer and it had to be 100% to do this. Seeing I was at the range I asked the dealer to send the gun back USPS for I am in fl and paying $40 to UPS or Fed x was not in the cards. I asked and was told by Peter that he would ship it back to me so that the gun would not have to be rebooked through the FFL back to me at my address...Well I got the gun back a day or so ago, they sent it back to the dealer not me. I called Peter and he told me that is the law? I advised him that I happen to be a retired LEO and he was wrong, He then told me he had worked on it for a couple weeks, the repair slip showed 15 minutes 24 rounds, replaced extractor, sear and front sight. (the sight was not staked right, shot 9 inches low at 10 yards). To say I was disappointed is the least I could say. Now the good stuff, went to the FFL/range, paid for the shipping, fee's to get my gun back. Loaded the gun, took out my cell phone to document the gun test firing. Got off 4 rounds first mag, locked up failed to go in battery, second mag got Failure to eject, jamed gun up with live round and empty, third mag went ok til lthe last round, gun fired out of battery resulting in case failure. Packed up the gun, cleaned it and called back peter. I asked he replace the gun for I could not even give this one away with no warrenty, he told me I would have to once again pay for shipping back, that the ffl had to send it and If he decided to replace it the FFL would most likely have to charge me a transfer fee again. I then told peter he had lied to me about the guns having no problems. I really should of checked, in the last year there has been nothing but reports of failures of these guns, the poor response recently from the gun maker. Today I got a call from a Mr. Thomas who told me he was the ceo of diamondback firearms. He told me he wanted me to tell him who had told me there were problems with his guns, that there have never been any recalls or small problems. He went on to lecture me that I most likely was not holding the gun properly, that the ammo was bad and that the case failure was the ammo fault. Only when I told him I actually had a cd of the gun failing did he offer to try to fix my gun. At this time he said I would not be able to find 10 people who had problems with the DB380. At the same time I googled the company as we spoke and got 212 hits on U-Tube of people filming the guns jamming, blowing up and all sorts of things. He then told me basically I was screwed, send the gun back or sell it. I am sending it back at my expense, I am also starting to research filing a class action lawsuit against this company. They know there is a design or manufacturing flaw with the guns components and continue to sell defective dangerous firearms. I am meeting with an attorney next week, I am filing a consumer complaint with the Florida consumers protection folks as well. (The ag's office) I have also been told that DB was at first sending pre paid shipping lables for the first batch of guns. Then Peter was having consumers ship the guns back via the post office, telling them it was legal. Maybe so that he did not have a paper trail from UPS or fed x, who knows but I am not a happy camper and would like DB to own up to what they are doing to lots of folks. One dealer, a gander mountain store told me that 8 out of ten DB guns sold last year were returned for repairs. That gunsmith told me some of the small parts were cheap pot metal castings, that some of the slides that had failed were never rockwell tested to make sure they were heat treated properly. Shotty money making policy or just plain poor managment??? I want the truth to be told and those effected to be refunded the costs or given new replacement guns made to safe specs. Its not like one is buying a Raven for $40 these guns are selling for big money for what you are getting. I trust that no one trust any of these guns unless you fire 200 rounds without it falling apart, I guess I will get off the soap box now. If anyone would like to add there story I am going to send the replies to mr. Thomas to enlighten him of what really is happening. Thanks for listening! xgunnr
    Last edited by xgunnr; 01-07-2011, 11:26 PM.

I understand, but I hope my new db380 shoots well, haha. Unfortunately, I have read a few similar reviews online AFTER my purchase (**** impulse buys). Hoping to go this Sunday and put some rounds through it, successfully of course.

Comment

That's the reason I never buy a new model gun until it's two years in the making and proven worth my hard earned cash. Good luck on your Class Action Suit.
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Thats why I went with a sig p238. Was tempted by the DB, looked and felt like a little glock. But actually researched it on my phone while I was at the store, and got several quick hits with bad reviews. That, plus them just venturing into the gun market made me a bit uneasy to shell out $300 plus for a companies first real gun production. I am curious to see how this ends, because they are supposedly coming out with a pocket/carry 9.

Comment

The initial personal reviews I have heard were great on this gun. I do not have a gun in .380 but was tempted by this one.

I understand your frustration, hope you find the right gun.

Comment

The one I had never seemed to have any problems... I think i had one stove pipe in the first mag i shot out of it and nothing after. Most likely poor quality control. Sorry to hear about your misfortune... I have since moved to the P238HD which also had a pretty good amount of issues when i first got it, but now runs flawlessly. Atleast there was a good cutomer support system in place with SIG.

Comment

Sorry for all the grammar and type o's, I am just so upset being ripped off like this. But in hindsight I did buy it on impluse, should of researched them more. The 9 mm gun they supposely were coming out with was/is an exact copy of the kel tec pf9. They hired 2 ex employyees of kel tecs as well. But from some coperate papaers on file I found they are in deep money problems both with the boat business and there miskaes with the so called gun business. I will post info as I get it.

Comment

You do NOT need to send a firearm in for repairs through an FFL. Send it directly to them and they should send it directly back to you. Use FedEx or UPS.
                The Big Kahuna

God Bless America

Comment

I was so thinking of buying one, I guess I will not for right now.

Hope things work out for you.

Comment

Well seeing what happen to many on many of the other forums I would not even pick one up. Remember the warrenty is non transferable so even if they fix this so called firearm of mine I could only sell it as is, no warrenty. One last thing they also can charge you for warrenty work if they see fit like using the wrong ammo or something like that. Hope they don't pull that one on me.....

Comment

I live right up the road from Kel-Tec & Diamondback and the rumor is Diamondback was started by a couple of disgruntled KT engineers. I don't know if that's true or not but that might be why a lot of the new 9mm pistol looks like the KT model.

All I know for sure is that I sure like my KT 3AT that has served me well over the last 5yrs. I have run 1 to 2 mags of defense ammo through it every month for 5yrs without one problem.
                      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

All I can say is, SCCY was supposed to have been started by "disgruntled former Kel-Tec engineers". Maybe they were fired, incompetent engineers who can't engineer a paper bag?
                        The Big Kahuna

God Bless America

Comment

when they first come put ,I shoot one , one word to describe it JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                            I live right up the road from Kel-Tec & Diamondback and the rumor is Diamondback was started by a couple of disgruntled KT engineers. I don't know if that's true or not but that might be why a lot of the new 9mm pistol looks like the KT model.

All I know for sure is that I sure like my KT 3AT that has served me well over the last 5yrs. I have run 1 to 2 mags of defense ammo through it every month for 5yrs without one problem.

you are correct, i have met with a employee of kt and they mentioned the same as you. They are former kt employees, and wanted to bring a new kind of gun into the line up and were shot down.... so they did there own thing with the db, get a kel tec and enjoy excellent service! I live close to both also and kel tec will have my business as long as they continue to provide life time warranties, with excellent CS! Best of luck to you my fellow LEO brother, i might suggest a p238 or a lcp if you don't care for kel tec!

Comment

You know the problems with the gun are bad enough but the attitude and lying about the product is enough for me never to touch one of their products!
                              Vietnam Vet...Vets Helping Vets
                              In Dog Years, I am Dead!

Comment

There are currently 52 users online. 5 members and 47 guests.

Most users ever online was 342 at 11:57 PM on 10-11-2015.

Working...
                              X