Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

S&W BodyGuard 380ACP w/Laser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W BodyGuard 380ACP w/Laser

Found a new S&W BodyGuard 380ACP w/Laser..asking price is $320..for the money, does anyone know if this is a good vest/pocket gun?

I carry a bodyguard daily in my pocket...love it !!!!
    Bob

"Until reinforcements arrive, can we learn the ways of church mice"
    - Al Swearengen, "Deadwood"

Comment

We just got a Ruger LCP .380 W/laser for my one daughter. To me the laser is a great invention for pistols. You due have to work with it to make it beneficial to you. Good luck....
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Laser is very hard to activate and not really practical for sd/fast draw.
        Make sure the trigger breaks normal. Mine wouldnt break until a few cm from the back of the trigger guard. Had to send it in to s&w, they fixed it and then i sold it. Havent missed it one bit.

Comment

I had both the .380 and .38 bodyguard; never really carried either one, so I traded them both away at different times.

No matter how "handy" something seems; it's always a 1911 I pick up when I go out the door.

Rick

Comment

Yeah Rick, you can't beat a 1911..but my plan is to carry my Beretta 92FS as a side arm, and I'm looking for something to hide..as you know, you can't have too many back ups...

Comment

Seems that everybody is kinda down on lasers..is that for pistols in general, or just semi's?

Comment

Personally, i find lasers useful at the range and a distraction for sd situtions. Last thing i want to be doing is fumbling to depress a hard button mounted right next to the barrel when shtf.

Comment

I don't have any use for lasers except for playing at the range and I rarely do that. I carry the Bodyguard in my front left pocket as a backup and for use if my right arm is incapacitated or I'm unable to use it. You'll never have an opportunity to use a laser in a S/D mode.

I was recently attacked by a pit bull and I couldn't get to my Kimber Ultra on my right side ....I had to hold the beast off with my right hand......the next day I put the new Bodyguard in my left pants pocket and a spring assist tactical knife in my waistband located (clipped) just off center so I can get to it with either hand. I didn't want to shoot the beast anyway as I was on a busy downtown street on a Saturday night and worried about a "thru-and thru". However, if I had the knife I would have left his guts on the sidewalk.

Enjoy your Bodyguard....I think its a fine piece and exactly what I was looking for....its for closeup work only so IMHO practicing beyond 15 ft. isn't necessary. But I'll tell you what...for close up and personal attacks the Bodyguard is a mean little S.O.B.

P.S. for everyone: I once heard an attorney give a presentation....he said if you shoot anyone more than 10 ft. away you're probably going to do jail time because the further the distance the more problem you have proving self defense unless that person has a gun he's trying to use on you. He said most true S/D situations take place less than 7 ft. Makes sense to me...muggings and armed robberies are "up close and personal". No one robs someone from across the parking lot !!!!
                  Last edited by Rangedog; 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM.
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by lionsntigers View Post
                    Seems that everybody is kinda down on lasers..is that for pistols in general, or just semi's?

First they are a good tool to work with at the range to get trigger control and grip down to where it should be. Second the activation button needs to be built into the stock/grip where you can control the on/off of the laser. That's where a lot of practice came into play for me when I had one. A laser that's activated by a on/off switch on the side of the pistol is of no use in a defense senario. IMHO..

What I am saying is you do have to work with them...
                    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Lionsntigers:

The best all around pocket pistol I've found so far, and I carried it for two months last year as my primary CCW gun when my back went "really" out, was a Kahr CM9.

I have a Sig P238 that's a bit slimmer; but I prefer a 9mm over a .380acp for a defensive round.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                        A laser that's activated by a on/off switch on the side of the pistol is of no use in a defense senario.
                        The Sig Sauer P238/P938 Laser is very much easier to activate than other side mounted on/off switch pistol lasers.

Yet I agree that only the grip activated laser (e.g., from Crimson Trace) would likely be truly practical for self defense, if it's a quick draw or quick shoot situation.

Comment

I got the .38 for my wife. It's a handy little thing but the laser is just silly in the way it's set up - you'd never get it on, and then get on target in a high-stress / need to shoot now scenario. She keeps it in her car but steals one of my Sig's to carry.

Comment

i carry one in my pocket daily....small and light enough where it doesn't screw up the looks of a pair of dress slacks.......I have never had problems with my Bodyguard except when I put it back together wrong...you need to be careful putting the pin back in....it can fall out while shooting and the slide will come off....it's happened to me at the range.
                            Bob

Comment

There are currently 49 users online. 3 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                            X