Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying a shotgun for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying a shotgun for home defense

I was given 2 12 gauge shot guns that I really do not use. One is an Ithaca Model 37 which is in great shape probably manufactured in the 50s. The other is a Smith & Wesson Eastfield 12 gauge pump. . it is a pretty cheap gun and also has a poly choke on it. I am thinking about taking one of them to a gunsmith and have them saw off the barrel properly and use it for a home defense. Is this a good idea or am I wasting money? I

The Ithaca probably has some collector value. I would have the S&W cut to 16 1/2" and put a bead front sight on it.
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Thanks Kurt. That's exactly what I was leaning toward. When I pick up the Ithaca it really feels good and is a nice old shotgun. Always wanted one in high school and never could afford to buy one.

Comment

Done

Comment

• GSPKurt
          GSPKurt commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice!

I'd recommend a glow in the dark bead (night sight) up front. Don't want to be turning on to many lights if something goes bump in the night?

Comment

Good idea thanks

Comment

There are currently 82 users online. 2 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X