Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concealed Carry in Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry in Cars

Hi, I have a Florida concealed carry license, and we have 2 cars. My wife does not have concealed carry license, but I want her to feel safe when she travels . Can I keep a pistol in the car she drives?

I do believe a review of the Florida Statutes is in order here.

Look at 790.25(3)l (That's a small letter "L" at the end,

(l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession;

"Securely encased" encompasses a lot of things, not the least of which is the glovebox or center console of a vehicle.

I am not a lawyer so perform due diligence and read it for yourself to make sure YOU interpret the statutes accordingly.

AD

Comment

Securely encased means in a holster or case with a zipper, snap, velcro closure, etc. It also means in a glove box or console with a lid or door.
      Also, there is no such thing as a "3 step rule".
      Last edited by GSPKurt; 06-21-2020, 11:27 AM.
      Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Buy this book and it will answer all your questions about gun laws in Florida. Order on line at his web page (https://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/ ). Jon Gutmacher Esg is a Lawyer .
        The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

There are currently 57 users online. 0 members and 57 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
        X