Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Carrier Robbed of Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Carrier Robbed of Gun

Situational awareness, beware of strangers bumming anything.

For the record I have no issues with OC, to each their own. But even if it were completely legal here in Florida I would still CC.

A man openly carrying his new handgun was robbed on a Gresham street by a man with a gun of his own.

They said a man approached them and asked for a cigarette. Talk eventually turned to the victim's new purchase, before the robber pulled his own gun from his waistband and said, "I like your gun, give it to me," according to police
    Man openly carrying new gun in Gresham robbed by armed man

Wow...just wow.

Comment

Open carry a 22? Sounds like he was a little more concerned with showing off his new toy then he was with self defense.

Comment

no one know what 's in the hart of man

Comment

See if you don't have that gun Velcrowed to your butt that is what happens.

Open carry makes sense in the woods but in the city you lose the element of surprise. Foolish in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not against open carry. But, I do think it screams "Look at me, I have a gun". I prefer discretion, myself. Better not to make a scene. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by sig232 View Post
              See if you don't have that gun Velcrowed to your butt that is what happens.

Open carry makes sense in the woods but in the city you lose the element of surprise. Foolish in my opinion.

Sig says it for me. I prefer the element of surprise. I have to use that as I am to old and sick to run or fight.
              The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I would have handed him my open carry gun...and then shot him with my backup CC gun when he tried to walk away
                Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

The guy is hanging out at 2:10 AM. No one sees that as a red flag?
                  I'm no fan of open carry but I'm really no fan of hanging out on the street at that time in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by windowasher View Post
                    I would have handed him my open carry gun...and then shot him with my backup CC gun when he tried to walk away
                    and then you would be in the fed pen

Comment

Originally posted by windowasher View Post
                      I would have handed him my open carry gun...and then shot him with my backup CC gun when he tried to walk way
                      he wouldn't be a threat nor would you be in fear of your life. ..you would be charged

Comment

776.012"to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony"
                        776.031"to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony"
                        I a not a layer but, this looks like might help in the defense, if you felt it was worth it.
                        Blessings,
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                        **Infidel**

Comment

There are currently 99 users online. 0 members and 99 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                        X