Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Pellet Gun-shooting outside?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet Gun-shooting outside?

Hi
    This is for confirmation--Is it legal here in Florida to shoot pellet gun on your own property? We live in a regular neighborhood, with a completely enclosed wood-fenced yard. It should be okay, but I was looking for other opinions.
    Thanks!
    LB

Re: Pellet Gun-shooting outside?

There are some laws in some areas prohibiting the discharge of a firearm.

Air rifles are not firearms.

Unless you have a law specifically prohibiting air rifles, then it is legal.

Laws are restrictive. If there is no law prohibiting it, then it is legal.
    Hope this helps, if not, oh well.

Comment

i read on the game wardens website , that you are not allowed to shoot squirels/birds ect with em tho?.....

Comment

That's right. No popping small rodents or whatnot. Against the game laws and florida firearms law. Says something to the effect that you aren't allowed to cause undue harm or suffering to the animal population. Which is okay, cuz i got that out of my system when I was a young pup, a long time ago. :lol:
        LB

Comment

kinda messed up tho, i use to love hunting small game with my pellet rifles. and now i have a .22 rifle thats used for doing that and its legal... whats so bad about useing a pellet rifle for the same purpose?..

Comment

Says something to the effect that you aren't allowed to cause undue harm
            I though all squirrels deserved to get popped??

Comment

Well, they do, but they are considered a game animal subject to hunting seasons.
              God Bless America!

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt
                Well, they do, but they are considered a game animal subject to hunting seasons.
                I thought that squirrel and raccoon "seasons" were open year round?
                NRA MEMBER

Comment

WAIT
                  I can't shoot that darn Gopher ???
                  Tracy Laudenslager

Comment

i live in the city limits my neighbor and i used to shoot our pellet guns at cans and stuff. one day he was on his front porch a cop drove by and saw what he was doing stopped his cap and informed him that it was illegal in the city limits to shoot pellet guns,and he needed to stop and not to do it again. but i have rats in the fol ledge so if i happen to see one i shoot it anyway. are they protected under the "undo harm" category?

Comment

I hope not!!! If so, im going to be in jail with my kids for a long time!!! LOL

Nathan

Comment

I know some municipalities prohibit discharging anything, even a slingshot unless it's on a "lawful range." However, the city that comes to mind doesn't clearly define a "lawful range" and I'm not sure what the city attorney's opinion is on the matter.

Others have already mentioned the hunting rules taking over when it comes to shooting live animals. I know Broward county is considered a bird sanctuary, so no shooting birds here.

It could be argued that a back yard could be a proper range given an appropriate backstop. A good fence and good backstop and proper weapon discipline would keep any signs of you shooting a pellet gun from getting outside your yard anyway.

I have a backstop with CBS bricks stacked behind it for shooting pellet guns in my back yard.

Comment

Here in Pinellas Park they have an ordinance against it however Pinellas Co. does not. I am lucky as my street (and utilities) are PP but my house and back yard on in the county. IMHO if you don't shoot out the neighbors windows or shoot their cat I am pretty certain you will be just fine.

Comment

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                          X