Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Shipping Firearms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Firearms

Can you ship firearms person to person within the state of FL or does it have to be received by an FFL?

Re: Shipping Firearms

no ffl needed. as far as shipping rifles can go usps. hand guns have to go fedex or ups

good luck with ups and fedex ,it depends on the person you deal with everyone has thier own set of regs.

Comment

clamper,do you know where that law is stated? Not that I dont trust you, I'd just like to here it from the horses mouth, thanks!

Comment

atf. it comes under resident to resident (doesen't have to be FTF)

Comment

I have explained this on several other "laws" on several other topics, but here it goes.

Laws are not descriptive. Laws are restrictive. You rarely find a law explaining what you can do, or how to do something. Laws tell you what you can not do. Therefore, if there is a law prohibiting me from mailing a firearm to another individual within my home state then I cannot, if there is not a law prohibiting it then it is legal. The BATF guidlelines do not prohibit individuals from transfering ownership from one person to another. How you get the firearm from one individual to the other is your choice.
          Hope this helps, if not, oh well.

Comment

That should do it!!

Comment

OK, what if you ship say the magazine and slide assembly in one package and the grip in another. You're no longer shipping a firearm are you? Your shipping parts. Couldn't you then avoid a FFL ?

Comment

Onetuza, its not required to use an FFL to ship one from Florida resident to Florida resident. No need to break it up. Now if you are shipping to out of state buyer it has to go through FFL, because you cannot sell to out of state without going through FFL in their state of residence. And its the reciever with the serial number that falls into that category. You can sell every part and ship it anywhere, except the reciever.

Comment

Is legal to ship to a person inFL. Not a bad idea to get a copy of their DL first. I usually ship Fed-Ex, but the last 2 were damaged with them.

Comment

i'd get a copy of their DL for sure. They have to be a resident and I know that it's not fool proofif the have a DL, but it would make me feel better. Even better if they have a CWL!

Comment

I would love to see the face of a anti-gun FEDEX or UPS clerk when u walk in there to ship a gun... specially if it's a big *** .44 magnum or 6 inch .357..

I even hear that sometimes they damage the guns on purpose, like ROGMATT said on this same post, or worse yet, they "get lost..."

and if they agree to ship them, they probably charge u double, because of "insurance" purposes... It's NOT looking good, boys...
                      SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!
                      -Joe

Comment

don't some places make u pack right in front of them?
                        SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!
                        -Joe

Comment

you know it's against federal law not to tell them look it up

gun owners are getting a bad enough rap without you telling them how to break the law!!

and too top it off you admitted to it

really smart on open board were all can see

atf would love to meet you

Comment

Clamper, I'll let you look it up for me. When I mail something or ship something, they ask "is it fragile or hazardous?" and I answer no. I do a lot of e-bay stuff and I have never told anyone what I am shipping. I figure its no one's business what's in the package. I have never been asked to disclose the exact contents of my package.

I just ship.

IANAL, nor do I play on on TV.

Comment

as a gun owner you should know the law! stop telling people to look it up your the one who need to look it up.and you should do it before you commit another felony..

check out atf on shipping ups on shipping and fedex

as a responsable gun owner know the law! you should for your own freedom!!!

Comment

There are currently 80 users online. 0 members and 80 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X