Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor from other nations

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor from other nations

I have family and friends that visit from other countries, so they are not US legal residents or Florida residents. Is it legal to take them to the range and allow them to shoot using my guns and ammo?

Best thing to do is check with ATF. They are always happy to help....good luck.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."--Ted Nugent

Comment

They used to be able to shoot at the APHP, but Homeland Security put a stop to that. Now you have to have ID with address in the USA.
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by BillofRights View Post
        I have family and friends that visit from other countries, so they are not US legal residents or Florida residents. Is it legal to take them to the range and allow them to shoot using my guns and ammo?
        Abso-freaking-lutely.

Absent more, there is no preexisting bar on possession.

Take 'em out, and have a good time. Be careful where you shoot. A range nazi can be a huge buzzkill from someone from polite lands. For some nutty reason, calling a line hot and cold turns some people into insufferable tyrants. Encountering such a bully will turn someone off to the activity.

In Florida, trap and skeet are usually more pleasant shooting experiences.

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

All indications are that after 9/11 this is not a good idea. However, I haven't found the specific federal law that prohibits it, it is just not seen as something ATF likes to see. Maybe someday somebody will provide the specific reference to the federal law. Florida state statue doesn't address this.

Comment

Interesting thread...
              Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Originally posted by BillofRights View Post
                if I were you I would seek better advice than what you are getting here, I know that a range would never rent a gun to a non resident/citizen and I think that it is illegal for them to be in possession of a weapon. keep in mind that I am not a lawyer nor an expert on matters like this.
                If you want to skirt the laws you could bring them with you and keep your mouth shut about their status and more than likely you'll be ok but if you want to be within the laws I would seek a better source of advice than what you get from an internet forum

Comment

I am not seeking advice from the internet. As my account name indicates, I want to know what priviliges are granted by US laws. I specificallly want to know the document and section that prohibits it. It is clear to me that ignorance is wide spread in this country of ours and even so call experts don't know the answers because they have never thought of it. Goverment belongs to the people and we grant those in office certain authority to enforced the laws/statues/ordinances that we as a majority agree to live by. So I want to know in what document we have all aggreed to prohibit friendly visitors from other nations to even touch a firearm. Gutmacher indicates in his book of Florida Firearms that a visiting alien can not do a temporary rental at a gun range because ATF tells him so. I can see that in a public place they can't, but that doesn't anwer the bigger question. Is this prohibited everywhere? So my question is: Under what document we have given ATF the authority to prohibit this? We don't want a beaurocrat to one day decide for us. Interesting question arises, If we do prohibit visitors from touching guns, how can we ever hold international shooting competitions? All this has to be written someplace, otherwise we are giving up all our rights.

Comment

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/noni...nt-aliens.html

Look here...

Comment

Excellent. Thank you Classic. I think many of us will find this helpful. I suggest making this thread a sticky. Anyone seconds?

Comment

Outstanding reference, Classic! Thank you! I have bookmarked it.
                        Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

hmmm...

I swear I commented on this a while ago... Someone delete it?

I am a born US citizen, but a dual naturalized Brit.

I think if you think about this carefully, you can accomodate some shooting for everyone.
                          Private property shooting. Hmmmm.

In the UK, as you may know... they have the worlds most stringent laws, yet I can shoot over there and I have no kind of permits or anything... only because I am on private property.
                          sigpic
                          "Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy". - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

Originally posted by borninuniform View Post
                            I swear I commented on this a while ago... Someone delete it?

I am a born US citizen, but a dual naturalized Brit.

I think if you think about this carefully, you can accomodate some shooting for everyone.
                            Private property shooting. Hmmmm.

In the UK, as you may know... they have the worlds most stringent laws, yet I can shoot over there and I have no kind of permits or anything... only because I am on private property.
                            Actually when I was there in September I got to go shooting on private property... Did the farmer a favor hahaha. Got a rabbit for him.
                            sigpic
                            "Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy". - Margaret Thatcher

Comment

There are currently 145 users online. 1 members and 144 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                            X