Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United States Code 18 Part 1, Chapter 44 (Federal Laws about Firearms!!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United States Code 18 Part 1, Chapter 44 (Federal Laws about Firearms!!)

We have had a few brushes with folks not knowing FEDERAL laws about what you can and cannot do with a firearm lately, so I will post this here.

I encourage everyone to start with the "Definitions" section, and slowly work your way through reading all of the sections.
    Federal firearms violations are really bad for your health and well being!!

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/uscode/18/I/44
    T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Thanks, mr.b. Some riveting material there...
    Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

Thank You

Thanks for posting that. I am planning a trip later this year that will involve driving through several states, and this info came at the right time for me.

I know where I'm going has reciprocity, but there is one state on the way that may be problematic. Between your info and their state statute page I should be able to stay out of trouble.

Comment

I sometimes travel by car with firearms from Florida to Maine and I dread to cross the state of NJ and NY. I make it a point to not leave the main highways or make any stops until I leave both states.
        US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
        — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm heading up to Virginia, and the thought of having to cross Georgia has me a little nervous. I know they honor my resident permit, but there are some laws up there that I'm having a hard time understanding as they are written. I plan to fill the tank near Fernandina and keep on driving until I hit South Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc3402 View Post
            I'm heading up to Virginia, and the thought of having to cross Georgia has me a little nervous. I know they honor my resident permit, but there are some laws up there that I'm having a hard time understanding as they are written. I plan to fill the tank near Fernandina and keep on driving until I hit South Carolina.
            Georgia? What laws are you worried about in Georgia? Georgia is a non issue when I travel by car.
            NRA MEMBER

Comment

I check the NRA site for any updates to state laws before I make a trip outside of Florida, too. You never know when a state might change its rules for reciprocity. It also helps to find differences in laws for carry (like "Do you have to declare your weapon when pulled over?" or "Can you carry in a bar/church/stadium/state park?"
              T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Last time I drove and checked you could run from here to Michigan up I-75 without a problem. Never run I-95 or I-10 out of state.
                The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

There are currently 105 users online. 1 members and 104 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 11:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                X