Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Gen 3 Glock 19 backorder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gen 3 Glock 19 backorder

    Anyone else waiting or have experienced long wait times for a gen3 Glock 19? It seems that both Bud's and TopGlock have them on backorder. I ended up ordering from topglock because of their lower price. They told me that there are already 20 people waiting and they don't know when they will get another shipment in. I've read that there was a shortage a couple years ago, and I wonder if it's for the same reason, or if it's because the gen4 is out now and they are no longer producing the gen3. I'd like to know that I'll eventually receive my gen3 g19 as I'm turned off by the issues that people have been having with the gen4.

  • #2
    Originally posted by scotchlouis View Post
    Anyone else waiting or have experienced long wait times for a gen3 Glock 19? It seems that both Bud's and TopGlock have them on backorder. I ended up ordering from topglock because of their lower price. They told me that there are already 20 people waiting and they don't know when they will get another shipment in. I've read that there was a shortage a couple years ago, and I wonder if it's for the same reason, or if it's because the gen4 is out now and they are no longer producing the gen3. I'd like to know that I'll eventually receive my gen3 g19 as I'm turned off by the issues that people have been having with the gen4.
    What issues are they having with the Gen 4's?

    Comment


    • #3
      Failure to eject.

      I ended up canceling my order and ordered one that bud's had in stock with adjustable sights instead. Should have it next week.

      Comment


      • #4
        I wouldnt be too concerned with the FTE on the new glocks. I have been running my gen 4 17 for about 1000 rounds and have had one FTE in the first 100 rounds I shot out of the gun and nothing else since. However I had a Gen 3 19 go 5-6 thousand rounds without one failure that I can remember. So you may have a point....

        Glock recomends that you shoot fulll power 9mm rounds with this gun and not some of the powder puff rounds you can get for plinking. They also have a new spring available for the gen 4's that is a bit weaker for the 9mm versions of the gun. I believe it has 3 or 4 less coils in the spring. The orginal recoil springs that come with the 9mm gen 4 glocks were actually developed around the .40 cartirdge. (supposidly) And thats why many people are have FTE issues when using low power ammo and shooting with a limp wrist.

        Congrats on the Gen 3 19 though. You cant go wrong with a proven firearm like that. Quite possibly one of my favorite handguns.
        "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
        -Abraham Lincoln

        Comment


        • #5
          I've had my Gen 3 G19 for over 3 years with over 5,000 rounds through it without one single FTE or FTF. :D
          "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." -- Abraham Lincoln

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by G2gobig View Post
            I wouldnt be too concerned with the FTE on the new glocks. I have been running my gen 4 17 for about 1000 rounds and have had one FTE in the first 100 rounds I shot out of the gun and nothing else since. However I had a Gen 3 19 go 5-6 thousand rounds without one failure that I can remember. So you may have a point....

            Glock recomends that you shoot fulll power 9mm rounds with this gun and not some of the powder puff rounds you can get for plinking. They also have a new spring available for the gen 4's that is a bit weaker for the 9mm versions of the gun. I believe it has 3 or 4 less coils in the spring. The orginal recoil springs that come with the 9mm gen 4 glocks were actually developed around the .40 cartirdge. (supposidly) And thats why many people are have FTE issues when using low power ammo and shooting with a limp wrist.

            Congrats on the Gen 3 19 though. You cant go wrong with a proven firearm like that. Quite possibly one of my favorite handguns.

            Thanks. I can't wait to pick it up. I chose the Gen3 because of it's reputation for being extremely reliable and I've read about and saw videos of the Gen4s malfunctioning. So I figure if it ain't broke...
            Last edited by scotchlouis; 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FLGuy View Post
              I've had my Gen 3 G19 for over 3 years with over 5,000 rounds through it without one single FTE or FTF. :D

              Comment


              • #8
                I just recently switched back to the Gen3. My Gen4 had some problems with 115gr ammo, and regardless what Glock says, it shouldn't have a problem shooting 115. Not being able to shoot 115 out of a Glock is like not eating at a buffet.

                Comment


                • #9
                  My Gen 4 G19 had been flawless, 500 rounds +/-. First few boxes were Lawman and CCI Blazer aluminum.

                  Congratulations on the Gen3. I have one that eats everything I feed her.
                  Blessings,
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                  **Infidel**

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by scotchlouis View Post
                    Thanks. I can't wait to pick it up. I chose the Gen3 because of it's reputation for being extremely reliable and I've read about and saw videos of the Gen4s malfunctioning. So I figure if it ain't broke...
                    I do like the new grip a bit better, but your right. The Gen 3's are by far the most reliable guns I have ever shot. Personally I don't know why they went to the dual recoil spring.

                    Originally posted by TampaShooters View Post
                    I just recently switched back to the Gen3. My Gen4 had some problems with 115gr ammo, and regardless what Glock says, it shouldn't have a problem shooting 115. Not being able to shoot 115 out of a Glock is like not eating at a buffet.
                    Agree 100%. Mine eats it fine now after a couple hundred rounds. Plus a new recoicl spring supposidly eliminates this issue. Can't blame you though. Especially if it is your defense pistol.
                    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
                    -Abraham Lincoln

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Bud's: "Your order is now in the shipping department."



                      Also ordered a snug plug. Now need to decide on a holster. Considering a SuperTuck. Question: Should I thoroughly clean the g19 before shooting it for the first time?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by scotchlouis View Post
                        Also ordered a snug plug. Now need to decide on a holster. Considering a SuperTuck. Question: Should I thoroughly clean the g19 before shooting it for the first time?
                        I had a slug plug on my G19 but got rid of it. It doesn't level out the bottom of the mag. It's on an angle and for me, not good. You may want to consider a Jentra plug instead which is flat. Click the link to view it.

                        http://www.topglock.com/category/1678-Plugs.aspx

                        A light cleaning would be good but don't try to get rid of the copper colored lube on the slide.
                        "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it." -- Abraham Lincoln

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FLGuy View Post
                          I had a slug plug on my G19 but got rid of it. It doesn't level out the bottom of the mag. It's on an angle and for me, not good. You may want to consider a Jentra plug instead which is flat. Click the link to view it.

                          http://www.topglock.com/category/1678-Plugs.aspx

                          A light cleaning would be good but don't try to get rid of the copper colored lube on the slide.
                          Thanks for the link. I'll try out the one I ordered, which I think is very close to the Jentra - "smooth fitting". Got it on ebay. If it doesn't work out, I'll try the Jentra.

                          Just got back from walmart with a couple boxes of Federal 115gr FMJ, a box of Winchester 115gr FMJ, and a box of Winchester 147gr JHP. Now all I need is the pistol.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well my g19 came in this week and I just got back from the range. Put 220 rounds through it. Felt really good. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot. Had a couple of malfunctions though.

                            100rds federal 115gr fmj
                            100rds winchester white box (2 failure to feed)
                            20rds winchester 147gr jhp
                            Last edited by scotchlouis; 01-22-2011, 05:45 PM.

                            Comment


                            Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                            Working...
                            X