Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Minotaur MTAC Holster/ CBH Super Tuck/ Tucker 'The Answer'?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minotaur MTAC Holster/ CBH Super Tuck/ Tucker 'The Answer'?

Out of all three IWB holster makers: "Minotaur MTAC Holster/ CBH Super Tuck/ Tucker 'The Answer'", whos is the best in this holster design and quality? Any actual experiences?

I hear a lot of good things from people about the MTAC Minotaur. I am considering ordering one myself for that rare occasion that I carry IWB (usually I carry OWB)
    T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Ok.......

But out of all 3 makers... whos got the best one and why?

Comment

Originally posted by Dispatch View Post
        But out of all 3 makers... whos got the best one and why?
        I will said none , they are overpriced ,you can get the same holster for $50 shipped from shieldedholsters@hotmail.com .
        p.s wait time is 4 days
        Attached Files
        Last edited by randyg27; 03-03-2011, 09:22 PM.

Comment

A Closer Look.

Well... after further research, this is what I've discovered. The Minotaur and the Tucker use removable screws to hold the Kydex holster to the leather. The CBH Kydex holster is not removable because they use non-removable rivets, also the heads of said rivets and other hardware are exposed on the back and may come in contact with the belt, clothing or anything else they may touch. The big advantage of having the Minotaur is the ability to remove the Kydex so you can swap out the gun body for another while still using the same leather base part of the holster. The Minotaur is the only one that offer a closed muzzle Kydex body. The Tucker offers the option of having the Kydex holster lined with leather. The Minotaur and the Tucker use a two-ply 'stitched' double layer of leather on the back, covering all the hardware. The Minotaur has a 'Y' shaped smooth finished surface on the back, having a one thickness at the widest parts of the pistol. The Tucker and CBH have roughed-out surfaces on the back. Double thickness gives the Minotaur and Tucker that stitched edge look. The CBH has no stitching. The belt clips on the Tucker and CBH are made of metal where the Minotaur uses plastic for there clips. The CBH has 4 height and cant adjustment holes, where the Tucker has 3 and the Minotaur has 5. The Tucker and CBH use leather washer spacers for between the clips and the leather where the Minotaur uses rubber grommets. The Tucker and Minotaur come with a 'combat cut' in the sweatshield part of the leather, the CBH does not. The one drawback I see is the inside thumb safety lever can get caught on the edge of the combat cut causing the safety to disengage. Also, the inside thumb safety lever seems to dig into smooth leather surface leaving permanent skid marks over time from holstering and unholstering.The CBH and Minotaur are "about" the same price ($80.00), the Tucker is $125.00, with the Kydex leather lining costing $15.00 extra.
          Something to think about.
          homer_thinking_2.jpg
          Last edited by Dispatch; 03-04-2011, 09:42 PM. Reason: Additions.

Comment

A Must Improvement!

One big "must" improvement I would like to see on all of these makers on the Kydex part of the holsters..... a SERPA® Auto Lock™ release system. Giving you Immediate retention and an audible click upon re-holster for security. From my years of experience, with aggressive activity, retention screws fail, causing the weapon to fall out of the holster.
            Holster..jpg
            Last edited by Dispatch; 03-04-2011, 09:43 PM. Reason: Additions.

Comment

One big "must" improvement I would like to see on all of these makers on the Kydex part of the holsters..... a SERPA® Auto Lock™ release system. Giving you Immediate retention and an audible click upon re-holster for security. From my years of experience, with aggressive activity, retention screws fail, causing the weapon to fall out of the holster.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3325[/ATTACH]

I strongly disagree. These are concealable IWB holsters. How can you have a positive lock that you have to dislock inside-the-waistband? I'm sorry, but I dont think you thought that one through clearly. On a paddle style, you could be no more correct. Although I have seen several videos that it doesnt take much to make that "serpa style lock" to malfunction.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3325[/ATTACH]
                I never had a gun failing from my holster ,and I run with it some many times

Comment

I'm a big fan of the MTAC. The ability to change kydex bodies has saved me a significant amount of money over the last 3 years (since I bought it). There is even a market for used holster bodies, allowing you to save more money. My only complaint is as you've mentioned, that a thumb safety, even a relatively smooth and snag-free one will tear up the leather backing in a short period of time. The damage seems to be self-limiting but it is still a drag. Anyway, great holster, next best thing to a Milt Sparks VMII in my opinion.

Comment

Well, in the last 17 years, I've carried just about every type holster on the U.S. market, used in all duty and combat situations. In the early days when the molded Kydex style holsters were new to the public, many a Kydex holster would get hung up or would unexpecetedly release the weapon they were intended to retain. I know because I would correspond with a few of the manufacturers about such issues we were having with there products. Then as time went on and they started building them much better with a seperate internal locking mechanism, it made them alot smoother when drawing the weapon and for reholstering but most importantly they were trustworthy to do what they were built to do. Only time, trial and error will tell if this brands design is any good. I have one on order from Comp-Tac myself. I should receive it in about 30 days they say. We shall see.

Comment

Remora Holsters!
                      God Bless America!

Comment

Well guys everytime the holster subject comes up I get my "Box of Misspent Dollars", as my wife calls it, out of the garage. Sure enough in most cases I have one of the holsters, type and/or brand, being discussed. I have one or more of each being discussed so far except for the Remora and the Milt Sparks VMII. On ocassion I attempt to put the little used holsters to work, but not without dissatisfaction. Mass produced holsters, the one size fits all, will never meet the needs of all of the users and the right holster will only be found through trial and error. I use a Brigade M11 leather Ultimate IWB holster. Just my 2 cents worth.
                        Last edited by chuckusaret; 04-01-2011, 07:21 AM.
                        US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
                        — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

There are currently 55 users online. 3 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                        X