Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Palmetto Gun Show

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palmetto Gun Show

It was nice to see the place so packed, it was tough to find a parking place. Went looking to pick up some ammo and some accessories for my Draco. Took my Draco in with me, on a makeshift SKS sling, so I could eyeball the parts, if I saw an Arsenal handguard or a flash suppressor that looked good. From past experience, I put some masking tape on my gun with "Not For Sale" printed on it, and even then, 4 different people asked how much I wanted for it.
    The thing I really find interesting and refreshing about gun shows, is how polite everyone is...you can pretty much guarantee a smile and a nod from everyone you meet, and even when things are packed, people step aside to let you through, and folks are quick to offer apologies if they accidentally bump into you. I got 8 boxes of 7.62x39 ammo for $5/box, which I was happy to get, I was _not_ so happy to see that every Draco there had nicer-looking wood handguards than mine, though! Looks like I'll be placing an order to MidwayUSA.

Hey, nice report! We were there today, and I agree it was a large yet friendly crowd. There are a few less tables than the Tampa show, but there was a LOT more room to walk around. I'd say more than half the vendors are regulars at the Tampa show, but we met some new people as well . The building, parking, etc. is very nice, and very easy to get to from I-75. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again myself.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

I'll be there this morning.
      I need a holster for my J frame

AFS
      There something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Comment

This is the handguard I'm ordering for my Draco. It's not that much more than the UTG airsoft stuff and while I'm told that UTG is fine for lights and vertical grips, I'm also assured that it is less than perfectly stable for optics. The Midwest Industries is. As for the factory wood, look at it as an opportunity to do a nice refinish job in whatever color you like!

http://milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MIAK

John...
        I will not lay down.
        I WILL, however, assume a prone firing position if necessary!

Comment

Went to the show yesterday, this is a regular stop for me. There seemed to be fewer tables than normal, but it was nice to have the extra walkin' room. Attendence was high but , as mentioned, very friendly. The last 4 or 5 shows there, it has been more like "combat shopping"

The selection of used guns was not as deep as usual and there seemed to be fewer "walkers", although "parking lot deals" were brisk. (just the way I like it) My usual component vendors were not there and powder and bullet prices were up a bit, though I'm not sure why. (bought a couple thousand .30 cal and .45 anyway, LOL) Millsurp prices were up on .308 and .223 but 7,62 X 39 and 54 were pretty good.

As suncoast shows go, I'd put this one in the "better" catagory. I usually make more money/ better deals at the "collector" or smaller shows, (two guy's, Punta Gorda and Lakeland, etc) but I really enjoyed the "friendly" atmosphere at Palmetto this time. (normally, I refer to the suncoast venue as "rambo" shows...)

RED
          If it turns $$$ into smoke and noise, I'm there.

Comment

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=686494 is what I'm planning on putting on my Draco...the ones that came on my pistol look like they were laminate, and then someone took a belt sander with some 200 grit sandpaper to it.

Comment

Went sunday morning. All the good people were in church.
              You could walk the isles and not be bumped or touched at all.
              Got my holster targets and a rug.
              Good trip

AFS
              There something charming about the sound of bullets-----George Washington

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
              Working...
              X