Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about the Diamondback Firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufactoring here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!Visit AdeQ Firearms! Visit Target Sports USA!

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Expiring Ammo?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expiring Ammo?

I have heard people talking about ammo being developed that will quit firing after a certain period of time. They say the gubmint is pushing it. Is this true or just BS rumors?
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

That wouldn't surprise me, but this is the first I have heard about it. Control, control, that's what it's all about.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford...

Comment

If you buy some of it, it is easy to remember when it goes bad. It has the same replacement interval as the muffler bearings on your car.....Sorry couldn't resist. I have seen this spread all over the internet. Lets play devils advocate for a second. If this mythological ammunition ever did manifest, think about it for a second. People buy ammunition for self protection. If you are in a life and death situation and the expiration date on your ammo has expired, you could sue the **** out of the manufacture if you were harmed in the incident if your weapon FTF'd. Furthermore, from as scientific standpoint, how could a manufacturer accurately make the primer or powder have a specific half life? The math and the science don't add up. This is a rumor most likely started by some nut job who should never be allowed to own a gun or some bleeding liberal who has no level of education but an internet connection. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Sorry for my apparent use of bad language in the post above. Apparently the opposite of heaven is vulgar language. Anyone find else find the irony in that?

Comment

nope. but i didn't see anything offensive in your post either, so...

op, sounds like tin foil hat crap. i don't buy it.

Comment

Well...humm...they could install a small RFID tag into the base of every brass casing. Then, they modify the gun to read the data on that casing and disable the trigger. You could probably build ammo and guns like that except the cost would be out of this world and no way to retro fit existing guns. Then, someone would find a method to get around the RFID expiration by freezing your ammo for example. Humm...also, maybe they could simply stamp a date on the bottom of the casing that you gun reads? I guess anything is possible but not much is practical!!! All of this is sort of like the James Bond scenarios with owner trigger/grip technology for the gun that disables or zaps anyone else. It would be cool to own one! I am still waiting for the programmable bullets like the movie with Tom Selleck in Runaway!

Comment

Originally posted by keith13b View Post
              Sorry for my apparent use of bad language in the post above. Apparently the opposite of heaven is vulgar language. Anyone find else find the irony in that?
              FYI: This is a FAMILY oriented Forum. The Censor is a Computer program, NOT a human. LIVE WITH IT. It ain't gonna change.

Comment

Originally posted by RickV View Post
                I have heard people talking about ammo being developed that will quit firing after a certain period of time. They say the gubmint is pushing it. Is this true or just BS rumors?
                Not unless Osama's planning on adding the laws of physics to the ones he's already broken!

Rick

Comment

Probably just a wild dream in the mind of some gun-control idiot. He probably whispered it in Biden's ear.
                  I married my wife for her looks; just not the ones she gives me when I buy a new gun.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page
                  Working...
                  X