Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoot Straight to open range in The Villages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoot Straight to open range in The Villages

My information says in the Brownwood Village which is basically Wildwood. A new sporting clays facility is also in the worls for an area between Wildwood and Coleman near I-75/301 area.

Originally posted by BigDinFl View Post
    A new sporting clays facility is also in the works for an area between Wildwood and Coleman near I-75/301 area.
    Now, THAT got my attention!

Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

Dale Walker, who set up and ran Tenoroc for the county, and then started up and ran Catfish Creek, is the sporting guy behind the deal with other partners providing the capital and permitting/land use expertise to get things going. My understanding is that machines have been purchased, golf carts have been purchased and things are being pursued at an expeditious rate. While hoping for November/December opening, I'm not so sure even these folks can get county folks to move that quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDinFl View Post
        Dale Walker, who set up and ran Tenoroc for the county, and then started up and ran Catfish Creek, is the sporting guy behind the deal with other partners providing the capital and permitting/land use expertise to get things going. My understanding is that machines have been purchased, golf carts have been purchased and things are being pursued at an expeditious rate. While hoping for November/December opening, I'm not so sure even these folks can get county folks to move that quickly.
        Cool, we'll have to meet up to shoot there.
        Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

That would be the closest sporting course to me. Normally I shoot at Bradford or Tampa and a local club in Dunnellon for 5-stand.

Comment

It would be the closest for me too.
            Shooters World will also be a welcome addition to The Villages.
            Trap, skeet and sporting clays have been looked at for the Sumter dredging landfill on I-75 for years.
            I'm glad a new clay shooting venue is finally going forward.

Comment

I know the person who initially was going to go use that area - until he was told how many million cubic yards had to be removed.......
              Right now, clay shooters have Eustis and Dunnellon clubs as their closest for basic clay targets and Tampa and possibly Tenoroc for sporting clays. There is one indoor pistol range in Ocala and a place in Leesburg, so more places should help keep costs down while keeping overcrowding down as well.

Comment

There are currently 112 users online. 1 members and 111 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
              X