Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volume Gun Dealer in Florida?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Gun Dealer in Florida?

Just moved to the state a few weeks ago. I jokingly asked a local dealer in Spring Hill (Gold & Pawnd II) if there were any gun dealers in the state who were NOT pawn shops as well. He thought for a moment and said very few, due to the costs of business. He did mention that he thought there was one dealer on Rt. 52 who was not a pawn shop as well, but operated on narrow margins by selling large volumes. Curious if this place rings a bell with anyone. I like to shop locally, but I also like to explore all of my options, and don't mind taking a drive if it's a nice day (and, so far, they've all been nice days!).

I live in Spring Hill. It's called Ol' time gun shop and run by Mike Jones who is a good guy. Their adress is 10038 FL-52, Hudson, FL 34669. Closed on Wednesday and Sundays. Small place but packed to the seams with inventory and prices are good. http://oltimegunshop.com/

Have you found Hernado sportsmans club on 19 yet? http://hernandosportsmansclub.com/

We also have an excellent Sporting clays facility in the area. http://www.mytbsc.com/ I will be happy to go out there with you and show you the ropes.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

Shoot Straight, one of our site sponsors,
      is one of the largest volume Smith & Wesson dealers in the country.
      They have multiple locations and are a high-volume dealer...
      President Trump IS My President!

Comment

Originally posted by Qwikdraw45 View Post
        Just moved to the state a few weeks ago. I jokingly asked a local dealer in Spring Hill (Gold & Pawnd II) if there were any gun dealers in the state who were NOT pawn shops as well. He thought for a moment and said very few, due to the costs of business. He did mention that he thought there was one dealer on Rt. 52 who was not a pawn shop as well, but operated on narrow margins by selling large volumes. Curious if this place rings a bell with anyone. I like to shop locally, but I also like to explore all of my options, and don't mind taking a drive if it's a nice day (and, so far, they've all been nice days!).
        Welcome to FL Qwikdraw45.

a lot of the big gun dealers are located in and around Tampa. Shoot Straight on the 301 down by the Fairgrounds comes to mind. They have several locations in Florida, check out their website for details. There is a new store in Dade City on the north side that has an indoor range that rents fully auto rifles for your shooting pleasure. Its called the West Armory, and also has a website. Of course we have BassPro down in brandon that has a huge inventory. Check out the gun counter at Rural King on the 19 which is close to you also.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwikdraw45 View Post
          Just moved to the state a few weeks ago. I jokingly asked a local dealer in Spring Hill (Gold & Pawnd II) if there were any gun dealers in the state who were NOT pawn shops as well. He thought for a moment and said very few, due to the costs of business.
          Never did feel much brain activity in there... :)

Lots of dealers. Best one is Rural King on 19. Their retail is below cost for many of the smaller dealers. Ol' Time Gun Shop is small, but really good, as is West Armory. Bullseye in Brooksville has gotten a lot better over the years. Shoot Straight and Shooter's World are the big players in the area, though not always the best pricing. Heck, weekends you can hit Howard's Flea Market and meet some guys who are really proud of their firearms.

Jeff

Comment

I live in Merritt Island on The Space Coast and there are six gun shops within less than five miles from my house and one of them is also a range. There are two pawn shops that sell firearms within the same distance. If you expand the area to a reasonable driving distance you would probably find 20 gun shops. Brevard county is pretty firearm friendly.
            Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
            What ever happened to common?
            ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

There are currently 108 users online. 3 members and 105 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
            X