Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

WARNING: B&H Gun Rack, Merrit Island

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING: B&H Gun Rack, Merrit Island

Check this thread.....
    http://www.floridashootersnetwork.co...p?f=36&t=69130
    ROB
    Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I been in that store twice. Once I seen them screw a young guy out of a nice old S&W revolver. The last time I dealt with the owner and he tried to screw me out of about $125.00 on a new pistol that I was going to be buying from him. (over charge) I have never been back. So this doesn't surprise me at all. I just feel sorry for the lady.
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Things like this happen all the time. Right now people are afraid of the government taking away the ability to buy firearms. So the scumbags (not calling all dealers this) jack their prices up and people who have not done any checking around get hosed and feel good about it. When I am at the range talking with people they can't believe some prices I have paid for stuff. They are content to buy it from "Their Buddy" at the gunshop. I am all for helping the lcal guy but when the local guy don't give a **** about his customers and screws them over he is a scumbag. I buy 90% of my guns and reloading supplies online and save at least 25% over what the locals want.
      "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by RickV View Post
        Things like this happen all the time. Right now people are afraid of the government taking away the ability to buy firearms. So the scumbags (not calling all dealers this) jack their prices up and people who have not done any checking around get hosed and feel good about it. When I am at the range talking with people they can't believe some prices I have paid for stuff. They are content to buy it from "Their Buddy" at the gunshop. I am all for helping the lcal guy but when the local guy don't give a **** about his customers and screws them over he is a scumbag. I buy 90% of my guns and reloading supplies online and save at least 25% over what the locals want.
        +1 on online savings... even after the transfer fees sometimes...

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

Comment

I just read the entire thread and I love the rebuttle that B&H gives...

I had thought about going there after I do the GSSF membership and buying a $400 Glock from them...now not so much.
          US Debt Clock

Comment

I have been doing business with B&H for almost 2 years. I have purchased 3 guns there in the last year, 1 new Beretta and a used Glock and a used Ruger, without any issue whatsoever. I always got what I thought was a very fair price on guns I purchased from them.

I also bought my gun safe there as well as supplies and ammo. Although they are often very busy and rushed they have always treated me right. I can't conceive of them deliberately selling a defective gun to anyone. If the counter person was Angela, a person that was always helpful and curteous to me, I doubt she would have tried to pass off a defective or used gun as new. What benefit can they derive from deliberately trying to pass off a defective product as new? As much business as they do with Kel-Tec it would not have been a problem to have it replaced prior to selling it had they known there was a defect.

I think what is happening here is we are witnessing the Internet equivalent of a dogpile. One person has an issue and is hot, he posts his problem and then everyone jumps on the bandwagon and piles on. This can happen before the business can even respond to the problem.

If indeed they were out of that model gun, then yes, it would have been much quicker to go direct to Kel-Tec as they are just off I-95 and much closer to the OP than the gun shop. I would imagine part of the problem exists because the lady that purchased the gun did not open the case and inspect it before leaving the store. Had she done that, none of this would have transpired. It would not have taken a trained eye to see that crack IMHO.

I also do not work for B&H, nor am I a personal aquaintance of any of the owners or employees of that company. I'm just a satisfied customer.
            Last edited by gforester; 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM.
            "I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers View Post
              +1 on online savings... even after the transfer fees sometimes...
              I buy most of my stuff out of state so I avoid sales tax (they get enough out of me with property taxes) so that what i pay in transfer fees is basically a wash. Even with shipping and handling and sometimes hazmat fees it is still way cheaper especially if you order a large amount with some buds and split the fees.
              "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Comment

gforester is probably right but, as I orignally posted a lot of shops are ripping people off and until people get educated they will happily continue to do business with these scumbags. The old saying buyer beware is still true.

Comment

no matter anyones experience with B&H this one experience and their handling of it is enough for me to never do business. There are too many other shops inside and outside the state to get good deals with good customer service to give my money to.

The business should have taken back the product immediately, swapped out the product and handled the return/warranty with the manufacturer directly.

If they didn't have anymore in stock they should have returned the money or gotten on the phone with the manufacturer immediately and figured out how to get one shipped immediately to satisfy the customer.

I do think much of this is common knowledge to ALL OTHER COMPANIES in this economy, however gun shops and ammo retaliers have been living hi on the hog for the last 18 months and I think some of them may have forgotten what it is like to earn someone's buisness rather then expect it.

they will learn.

Prices on ammo have dropped consistantly over the last 4 or 5 months and they will continue to go down. Guns will follow, and those that were not nice will have to change their way of business to survive.

One note - B&H does a lot (A LOT) of business with the surrounding law enforement, my buddy called them as a former LEO and got a great price on a G27, way better then anything I was finding on the web or GB. So they get a certain amount of business no matter who reads that posting experience.
                  Jamie

Boca Raton FL

Sig P226 Platinum Elite 40 cal
                  Sig P229 9mm w/ SRT, nite sites, beaver tail

Comment

Originally posted by jwperry View Post

I had thought about going there after I do the GSSF membership and buying a $400 Glock from them...now not so much.

Same here, I was considering making the drive there, when I make my next GSSF purchase. But I will not risk making the drive and dealing with jackasses...will place my order with OMB Guns instead, and pay the transfer and shipping.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

I have mixed feelings about B&H.

I have spent thousands of dollars there in the past, at one time a couple years ago, I spent 1500 a month in their store. Yet every time I went in, I was treated like a stranger.

I understand they have a lot of customers, but I work retail also. When one of my customers drops $500 to $1000 every time the come in the store I tend to remember that.

I stopped using them after that for a while, and then I happened to mention my displeasure about their customer service to a pawn shop owner who also sold guns. Lo and behold, he happened to be the father of the guy that owns B&H!

He told me that they had been swamped with not only retail sales, but also had an entire back room devoted to LEO sales, and that all of them were working so hard they couldn't see straight. When I said they should hire more people, he laughed and said they would if they could have found qualified people. I don't know how much more qualified you have to be, some of the guys there haven't got a clue about guns.

I did buy one gun there this year, but for the most part, I avoid them and look for my stuff elsewhere. The only saving grace for that store is their inventory, which is HUGE.

I really like that store in north Merritt Island, across the barge canal. The owner there seems like a good guy.
                      T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

Yep, Mr b that's who I deal with when I got the money. That's Merritt Island Gun Company up on RT 3 over the barge canal. Dave is the man who owns and runs the shop. Nice guy and always ready to help you out.
                        The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

If indeed they were out of that model gun, then yes, it would have been much quicker to go direct to Kel-Tec as they are just off I-95 and much closer to the OP than the gun shop.
                          But she did not and any good gun Shop would have been happy to replace the gun. The statement by the gun store clerk that told the new buyer to return it to Kel Tec should fired.
                          ....would imagine part of the problem exists because the lady that purchased the gun did not open the case and inspect it before leaving the store. Had she done that, none of this would have transpired. It would not have taken a trained eye to see that crack IMHO.
                          I am sure the lady is not a gunsmith, even if she had opened the box, would have never noticed the crack. The store is very lucky that the weapon was not fired. If we are speaking of the shop on E Merritt Island Cswy. I have been in the store several times and neither visit was a pleasure.
                          US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
                          — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by jwperry View Post

Don't let that one story dissuade you. I've used my GSSF certificate, and my Glock Armorer certificate to purchase there multiple times. The transactions have always been smooth, and painless. I've yet to regret making the drive down there from Jacksonville, to deal with them.
                            Certified Glock Armorer.
                            http://www.jaxshooting.com
                            Jacksonville area firearms discussion.

Comment

I read the whole thread and all responses over at FSN and have the following observations that I think are important:

When buying a new firearm it is common practice to draw from inventory and not from the display case. You are buying a new gun not a display model.

When the sales lady brought out the new gun, it was her responsibility to check it out to insure it was a new weapon and not defective. My dealer always does that, takes a quick look, checks the slide and controls. This protects the gun store and avoids problems down the road.

It is also very important that the person buying the gun do the same check to make sure the gun is in top shape. You must do this before the paperwork is completed and the serial number is on the paperwork and called in. After that you will encounter resistance on behalf of the dealer to do an exchange.

Always take the time to look at the gun you are buying carefully. I have made the same mistake about three times in my life and ended up with guns that had finish issues and feeding problems and had to go through the same drill of sending them back to the factory myself. No more of that stuff, I now check them out carefully before I walk out the door. I will catch the finish problems and control issues but probably not a feeding issue.

The extensive damage to that Kel-tec slide would shock me as a gun shop owner and I would have taken that gun back in a New York Second. I do think the gun shop owner would have done the same thing if he has seen the extent of the damage.

Stand your ground when trying to exchange anything. If customer service, the counter sales person says no, then you insist on talking to the owner/manager. Be polite, not angry but insist on a replacement. Do it immediately before the sale gets cold.

If you get no satisfaction from the owner/manager you have three choices. You can cancel the credit card sale and let the owner deal with the card company, he will not want that. You can send the gun back to the manufacturer for repair and incur the cost of shipping or you can spend a big chunk of money dealing with a lawyer.

The response from the shop owner Bob sure seems sincere and offers limited restitution. I might ask for a free box of ammo or a discount on my next gun purchase. I would bet he will do some additional training with his sales staff to head off this problem in the future. My take on this after reading all the data is to give the shop another chance.

I will usually have to have 2-3 bad experiences with a retail outlet before I give them a permanent write off. Not three bad gun buys but just unfair treatment by the sales staff will do it for me.

Comment

There are currently 62 users online. 1 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X