Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Hunting hogs w/ 10mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting hogs w/ 10mm

Anyone here tried hunting hogs with a 10mm? Im thinking about getting a Glock 20 for hunting hogs when I don't feel like carrying a rifle.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Re: Hunting hogs w/ 10mm

I have never shot the 10mm but from what I have heard it sounds like it should do the job. I have used the .357mag and a well placed shot drops them everytime. Good luck. :)
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I have never shot a 10mm either but I heard it is close in ballistics to the 357 ?
      Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Comment

Penetration is far more important than expansion when it comes to hunting hogs, a hollow-point would be my last choice for a hunting round. Check the stores/shops near you and see if you can find any ammo similar to these - or simply order it from Midway.

Cor-Bon 180grn soft points
        http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

Double Tap
        http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.e ... t=11082005

I was getting all set-up to hunt with a 10mm but hit some financial speed bumps and had to let it go.
        NEED PRINTING? I've got 18 years Graphic Design and Print Industry experience, PLEASE give me a chance to earn your printing, promotional products and specialty advertising business.

Comment

Originally posted by packinaglock
          I have never shot a 10mm either but I heard it is close in ballistics to the 357 ?
          But of course with a much bigger chunk of lead. I do think the 44 mag is a better choice unless you have plenty of backup in case the hog decides to put the bite on you. :D

Comment

There are currently 92 users online. 2 members and 90 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
          X