Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice. Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules: 1) Only post a small summary of the article. 2) Include a link to the original content with summary. Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned. These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized reposts and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Beowulf 50

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beowulf 50

Just changed to the magpul

Fun Time for sure..

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

That is a heck of a round in an AR platform.

Comment

I like that "range clearing" muzzle device!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
          I like that "range clearing" muzzle device!
          Yes, the RO at the range had me move forward about 2/3 feet, the guy next to me was having a bad day.

Comment

How does this compare to the 458 Socom?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxboy View Post
              How does this compare to the 458 Socom?
              You better reload or have deep pockets. Manufactured ammo is expensive. Do your research. Those cartridges are sorta "out there" or in "no man's land" compared to other AR cartridges.
              Last edited by Ed308; 12-20-2016, 06:19 PM.

Comment

That's B.A.! Looks like you have as much invested in ammo as you do in the rifle!
                Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

I was looking at the .338 Thumper, but only one outfit is making uppers (complete uppers only, no barrels) and they want $1800 for a complete upper! Considering that the barrel is the only change that seems unreasonable.

John
                  I will not lay down.
                  I WILL, however, assume a prone firing position if necessary!

Comment

I was talking Ballistics not how much ammo cost?

Comment

• Ed308
                      Ed308 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Between 450 Bushmaster, 458 Socom and 50 Beowulf, all have similar ballistics. But of the three, I think the 458 Socom has slightly better ballistics. But don't think a pig would know the difference.

I bet there would not be much left of a pig when hit with that cartridge. A lot of lead to swallow.

Comment

Check out this 458 Socom Gel Test that Texaslawman did. Devastating!

Comment

From all the research, talking at gun shows and gun shops it is very hard to find a 458 that is reliable, the only one that kept coming up is rock island brand, that's why I went with the Beowulf.

Comment

How do you like that PRS stock? I am thinking about getting one for my AR. I only shoot it at the range & won't be shooting more than 300 yards. It is probably overkill but I like the way it looks & I can adjust it so my wife can shoot comfortably.
                          "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

Love it... But what they won't tell you when you buy it YOU will need to spend an extra $50 for a rifle buffer,your carbine buffer will not work.i also had to take a dremel tool and slightly enlarge the hole that holds the buffer spring in the stock, if this makes since...

Comment

There are currently 90 users online. 1 members and 89 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                            X