Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!

Visit Standard Mfg. Co. LLC!Visit Target Sports USA!Learn more about Florida Gun Exchange here!See Remora holsters here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quarantine is gonna break me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarantine is gonna break me!

I've been surfing the web like its my job since I've been working from home. I ordered a Wilson Combat matched lower/upper kit . I picked WC because they have provided stellar customer service anytime I have contacted them. This will be my first AR build. I have not decided on a barrel yet but I was thinking a WC in 5.56. It should be a fun project if I don't go broke first. AR1.jpg
    "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Keep us posted on how it goes as you start putting it together... Good luck!
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

I've ordered a LaRue MBT-2S trigger(wanted the Triggertech but it is 3x the price.), Seekins trigger guard, Radian Talon GI safety, Geissele buffer tube, H2 Super 42 buffer spring. maritime bolt release & mag release. Once I recoup some money I'll start working on the upper. I'm thinking Daniel Defense 13.5" m lok hand guard & a 16" 5.56 barrel of some sort.
      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry

Comment

I have used/built many uppers and Wilson Combat are among the FINEST quality available. Their barrels are unbelievably accurate, and comparable to custom manufacturers. I used to use Troy handguards, but now use Midwest Industries almost exclusively. Also, Wilson Combat gas block/gas tube assemblies are superb. My latest build was a Wilson Combat .458 SOCOM kit on an Aero upper/lower assembly.

If you go .223/5.56, get a barrel in .223 Wylde chambering.

Last edited by GSPKurt; 05-16-2020, 06:36 PM.
        Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

I was looking at the 223 Wylde & the Wilson Combat barrels. Their 223 Wylde is only available in 18" & I was planning on a 16" barrel. I still have some time to decide so I'm not sweating it just yet.

Comment

Got a couple parts in. This is my first AR build & it seems to be going together ok. I'm still waiting on the bolt catch & trigger guard are still shipping.
            Attached Files

Comment

The lower is complete & I bought a Wilson Combat 16" 1-8 556 barrel. I'm going to drop it off at Kilo Delta Tactical for a Cerakote job. The rest of the upper is still naked but I'll get there eventually. 556 (768x1024).jpg

Comment

I'd say your doing a fine job. Just keep it up..
                The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Looks great!
                  Proud Supporter Of President Trump

Comment

There are currently 107 users online. 0 members and 107 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                  X