Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Colt Firearms to Kissimmee Fl.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Firearms to Kissimmee Fl.

Colt Firearms Company is opening a new plant in Kissimmee, Florida.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/About/NewsEv...-Facility.aspx
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

The libs can blather all they want about Governor Scott, but he is bringing private sector jobs to Florida. I hope this chaps the libs even more.
    NRA MEMBER

Comment

I think the pressures of high taxation and liberal politics are driving most gun manufacturers to seek excape from the new england area of the NE. Winchester was one of the first to totally shut down. Ruger moved most of its business to AZ a long time ago.

More companies will leave I am sure.

Great news about Colt.

Comment

From The Outdoor Wire-

Colt Announces Florida Expansion

Yesterday, Florida Governor Rick Scott let the cat out of the bag on Colt Manufacturing's plans to create a manufacturing facility in Osceola County, Florida. Scott announced Colt's plans to create a new regional headquarters and manufacturing facility in a vacant building owned by Osceola County.

According to Scott, the center will hire engineering and manufacturing personnel and begin phasing in the first of 63 projected jobs in 2012. Scott says Colt will make a $2.5 million capital investment in the building.

The deal to bring Colt to Florida was apparently worked out by Scott's office, Enterprise Florida, Inc., and the Osceola Economic Development Commission. The deal includes $250,000 from the Governor's Quick Action Closing Fund along with later funds for workforce training.

"As a supporter of new job creation and the Second Amendment, this announcement sends the clear message that Florida is both open for business and a defender of our right to bear arms," Florida Governor Rick Scott said. "My primary responsibility as governor is to be our state's chief advocate for job creation. My personal involvement in bringing Colt to Florida demonstrates my administration's deep commitment to rebuilding our economy."

Scott was joined at the announcement by Colt Manufacturing's President and CEO Lieutenant General William M. Keys (Ret.). During the announcement, General Keys said Colt had looked at "many possible sites across the nation" but ultimately decided on Florida because it offered "a strong pro-business incentive package."

"Coupled with the low cost of doing business in Florida and a favorable regulatory environment, opening this new facility was very attractive to us."

Keys also said Governor Scott's commitment to Colt's growth plan and the Second Amendment were "instrumental" in the decision.

Colt's training programs will be created by Valencia (Florida) College as part of the overall package.

"Attracting an American icon like Colt, which is one of the world's top brands, is a real coup for our economic development efforts," said Commission Chairman John Quiñones. "Beyond creating new, high-wage jobs, Colt is going to be a great asset to our community."

A Colt website statement describes the planned 16,000 square foot facility as part of its "progressive momentum" to allow Colt to expand into "new markets and business lines parallel with the company's existing 100,000 square foot facility in Connecticut."

Renovations an employee requirements, the statement says, "will be determined over the course of the next several months."

Don't know about anyone else, but this looks like a test of the Florida waters. Florida offers several advantages to Colt's long-time Connecticut residence, not the least of which is the unarguable support of shooters, individual firearms owners and firearms in general. Factor in no state income taxes for workers, a willing (and non-union) workforce and an aggressive incentive package from the state and you have a solution to the common problems of gun companies located in the east: high taxes, union workers and increasingly anti-gun regulations.
        God Bless America!

Comment

That is a great article on many levels. It shows that Governor Scott is attracting business by way of lowered regulations for employment and new businesses, and it shows that Rick Scott is actively stating that Florida is a firearms-friendly state.

Less government and more freedom. I like it, and apparently so does Colt.
          T.A.N.S.T.A.A.F.L.

"A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

Comment

I wonder if we buy from Colt, once they start producing, if we won't have to file a 4473 form?
            God Bless America!

Comment

I wonder if Colt will provide a firearm for every CCW holding Florida resident :) lol just saying! that is awesome news. Wonder if they will do tours and such?

Comment

"Florida offers several advantages to Colt's long-time Connecticut residence, not the least of which is the unarguable support of shooters, individual firearms owners and firearms in general. Factor in no state income taxes for workers, a willing (and non-union) workforce and an aggressive incentive package from the state and you have a solution to the common problems of gun companies located in the east: high taxes, union workers and increasingly anti-gun regulations."

Sounds like a winning combination to me....

Don

Comment

I am going to start saving now for a new Colt to show my support of them moving to Florida.

Comment

Now if they would only bring back the Python...
                    God Bless America!

Comment

Originally posted by GSPKurt View Post
                      Now if they would only bring back the Python...
                      They will never bring it back Kurt as it would cost way to much to build them like they used to. I searched for two years for a 4" Python to go with my 1978 6" Python and couldn't find one in my price range. I just couldn't see paying $900 or $1,000 dollars for a gun that sold new for $300 to $400 bucks. Now a days they are a grand or better even for parts guns. Just glad I got one. I ended up buying a Trooper for about $300 out the door and I am real happy with it.

1978 Colt Python 6" barrel .357mag.

1976 Colt Trooper MK-III 4" barrel .357mag.

Comment

Wonder if they would entertain a forum field trip around the shop once they are up and running?

Comment

Where can I put in an employment app??? lol

I'm with fisherking on the tours. I'd love to see something like that
                          NRA Member
                          "A journalist asked a sniper what he felt when he shot a terrorist..."The recoil" shrugged the sniper."

Comment

There are currently 89 users online. 1 members and 88 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                          X