Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your flu shot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your flu shot....

The last copy of days I been a little under the weather. No big deal. Just a low grade fever, cough and minor body aches. Was able to catch up on my football and see the Bucs get plastered by NO (Yep, pleased they fired Schiano!). Since I have asthma and was going on day three, figured I should get checked out. Waited for over 3 hours before they could see me. The walk-in clinic was packed with people who had the same symptoms as me. Since I had a fever and body aches, they decided to check me for the flu. So, a little shocked to learn I have Type A flu.

Can't believe it. I haven't had the flu in 20 years as I always get a flu shot. Except for this year. I guess I've been a little too busy with our move to Texas.
    Nurse told me I was the first Type A flu she's seen this season. She said she's seen a lot of Type B Flu. But N1H1 is also around and thats the one you don't won't to get. So get your shot. N1H1 is nothing to mess around with. Type A isn't too bad, except for the cough and the sore chest.
    Last edited by Ed308; 12-31-2013, 07:59 AM.

Honestly, I'd rather take my chances with the flu.
    "A wise man, intending to speak, first carefully considers what he is to say, and to whom he is to say it; also where and at what time. There is therefore such a thing as due measure in keeping silence and also in speaking; there is also such a thing as a due measure in what we do. It is a glorious thing to maintain the right standard of duty." - Saint Ambrose, Bishop of Milan (340-397)

Proud to be a member of the NRA

Comment

I never get the flu shot just because I never seem to think about it. I haven't gotten the flu in years either. I think it is just because I am young and healthy.

Comment

The last 4-5 times I got the flu shot I got the flu.
        Going on 15 years without a flu shot and haven't been sick since.
        So, nope, not getting it.
        pafindr

-----
        Think as you've always thought and get what you've always gotten.

Springfield XDM9 3.8"
        HRA M1 Garand

Comment

First time I got a full knock down drag out flu was when I moved to Florida 15 years ago...I felt like I was going to die. I said never again if I can help it. My employer and insurance provides free flu shots. So far I have been very fortunate NOT to get it. They are saying that this years flu is very close to the 2009 flu so the shot gives you a good fighting chance. If you choose not to get the shot, I think you are playing Russian roulette...and just because you haven't gotten it in X number of years, the older you get, the poorer your immune system is! Be well my friends!
          Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

Comment

I get a flu shot every year and have not gotten the flu in a very long time.
            I married my wife for her looks; just not the ones she gives me when I buy a new gun.

Comment

I seem to be one of those that when I get the shot I get sick. Told my Doctor that and he said no way is that possible, said that was an old wives tale from way back.

So you older folks probably should get the shot since it seem to hit the older age group the hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by sig232 View Post
                I seem to be one of those that when I get the shot I get sick. Told my Doctor that and he said no way is that possible, said that was an old wives tale from way back.

So you older folks probably should get the shot since it seem to hit the older age group the hardest.
                I have always understood that you might get a low grade fever and feel a little run down. That has been my experience when I get it...maybe 24 hours but that is all. So, Sig, are you saying that you get a full blown flu? A mild sickness doesn't compare to a full blown flu, at least not like I experienced.
                Gun owners must unite in 2016 to defeat the Democratic agenda. ALL Gun Owners get out the vote!

Comment

I have never got one and never will. Each to his own. And I am one of those older folks.
                  "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by RickV View Post
                    I have never got one and never will. Each to his own. And I am one of those older folks.
                    Absolutely a personal decision...but it is a shame where some parents are refusing all immunizations for there kids and some diseases that were almost gone are coming back. I saw that on the news recently. I got the pneumonia shot this year to after seeing my wife intebated with tubes fighting to breathe and drugged up you get a well found healthy fear of what these illnesses can do to you and your family looking on helplessly!

Comment

You ever wonder why women live longer than men? They go to the doctor when they're ill and they get their flu shots. At least that's what my wife tells me and she's a smart woman.
                      Last edited by Ed308; 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM.

Comment

The one and only Flu shot I have ever had made me sick for Two months straight. Never again.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

No flu shot for me
                          Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Dave View Post
                            The one and only Flu shot I have ever had made me sick for Two months straight. Never again.
                            You are not the first person that I have heard that from. That is why I won't get em.
                            "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Comment

Problem with Flu Shots is they are derived to stop the flu from last season , problem is they have mutated since then so this years flu shots don't stop the flu. they might alleviate some of the symptoms but It wont stop it

Comment

There are currently 113 users online. 0 members and 113 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                              X