Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another One Falls Off the List in California...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another One Falls Off the List in California...

Looks like the manufactures are getting sick of the Libtards...

BREAKING: Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols to Fall Off CA DOJ Approved List

January 21, 2014 at 13:08
    Written by Robert Farago

Hot on the heels of Ruger’s announcement that it will allow all of its pistols to fall off the California Department Of Justice approved list, ending Ruger’s pistol sales in the Golden State, Smith & Wesson’s taking their M&P pistols off the menu. Guns Direct Facebook page let slip news of [what is in effect] a manufacturer boycott: “Attention: California gun owners. Smith & Wesson Corp. just informed us that all the M&P pistols will be falling off the Ca DOJ list of approved handguns in the next 60 days. So if your [sic] thinking about one, now is the time.” Ruger stopped sales claiming they could not satisfy the CA DOJ’s microstamping requirement. As of yet there’s no official statement from Smith. [h/t MV]

Article at:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...approved-list/
    The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Good, hopefully more companies follow suit.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If the gun manufacturers work together and refuse to sell to the cities, counties and state LEO departments, this requirement will be repealed. After a few Chinese knockoffs fail during firefights, the LEO's will demand repeal
      Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

Or, the idiots in California that elected those who passed these laws will get smart and elect different people to fix the problem.

Jeff

Comment

Is this really a good thing? The list has nothing to do with law enforcement, they can buy any guns they wish.

Sure, it feels good to puff up and say.... "We showed them, didn't we?" but did we really show them anything?

All I see from the gun companies refusing to sell guns to civilians in California is that the liberals have won.... The agenda of the anti gun folks has never been individual laws to make everybody safe from guns.... the total removal of access to guns has been their target all along.

I guess the gun companies really showed them, didn't they?

Don

Comment

It is de facto gun ban...the microstamping laws are going to be nearly impossible to comply with.

Join the NRA: http://membership.nrahq.org/default....ignid=XR028304

Contact your representatives: http://nraila.org/get-involved-local...your-reps.aspx

Comment

Funny how some look at this as a ego thing??? Hummm! It's about the cost added to the price of the product with this new law of microstamping and the cost of about $500 for each model to be tested by the state and OK'ed.

Comment

I don't know Charlie.... I don't think it makes any difference why the manufacturers choose to effectively stop selling guns to the citizens, the point is the guns are gone and that is the ultimate liberal goal.

They got the laws including the micro stamping passed to make it more difficult to buy a firearm... if the manufacturers remove their guns, regardless of the reason, from the equation the liberals plan has worked!

If they could not have guns banned outright they just harass the manufacturers with obstructive laws and rules until they refuse to sell their guns in California. Either way it is a win win for the liberals!

Don
                Don

Comment

I believe that people a generally willing to put up with some inconvenience as long as they ultimately get what they want. This has allowed the gun grabbers to slowly chip away gun rights.

Now that the inconvenience has shifted to an outright ban of firearms that are legal in every other state, I think this will force the people to step back and re-evaluate these laws.

The people are starting to hit rock bottom due to the choices of their elected leaders. Its up to them now to either stand up and do something about it or lay back and take it.
                  Last edited by sig232; 01-24-2014, 06:21 AM.
                  Rick

Comment

What it boils down to is business. Anybody who has had a small business will tell you, you have to pass any taxes on to the customer. S&W, & Ruger both know they can not sell their products at the inflated price they would have to have to cover this ridiculous law.

Have the progressives (communist) won? Only if the good people keep sitting on their hands and doing nothing...

Comment

If this BS stands in CA look for it to pop up in other states soon.

California's next step will be to pick up all those ole dangerous guns that don't meet their legal criteria.

Comment

Official statement from Smith & Wesson...

...Smith & Wesson does not and will not include microstamping in its firearms. A number of studies have indicated that microstamping is unreliable, serves no safety purpose, is cost prohibitive and, most importantly, is not proven to aid in preventing or solving crimes. The microstamping mandate and the company's unwillingness to adopt this so-called technology will result in a diminishing number of Smith & Wesson semi-automatic pistols available for purchase by California residents...
                        Complete Statement Here
                        Last edited by Ross7; 01-24-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sig232 View Post
                          If this BS stands in CA look for it to pop up in other states soon.

California's next step will be to pick up all those ole dangerous guns that don't meet their legal criteria.
                          Yup. This.

Comment

There are currently 113 users online. 0 members and 113 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                          X