Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse

Announcement

Consider this an official notice.Posting articles from other sites is fine if you follow 2 simple rules:1) Only post a small summary of the article.2) Include a link to the original content with summary.Failure to comply with the above will result in a warning. Repeated violations will result in you being banned.These days more and more original content is being placed directly on websites. In order to combat copyright protection and maintain ownership of content, sites are employing people to hunt down unauthorized repost and contacting those sites with warnings. Posting someone else's content harms them in several ways, most of all the circumventing of their sites and thus the loss of traffic. This is becoming more serious of an offense across the internet and lawsuits are becoming common. Understanding the simple rules posted above will not only help this site, but also those who are creating content. It will also keep you from being sued as this site is a 3rd party engine, meaning YOU are responsible for the copyright violation, not us. We will always abide by author requests to remove content.
See more
See less

Why is Miami SO STUPID!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Miami SO STUPID!

So a few weeks back i took the concealed weapons course at my local gun shop. I enjoyed hearing the reqauirements and do's and don'ts of concealed carry. But one thing that had me questioning was, on a college campus, the only protection allowed is a tazer. no mace, pepperspray, a small knife, nothing allowed.
    OK, so a tazer is the only thing allowed, let me get one, but then when i went to buy on for my girlfriend and I(she gets out of school late sometimes), They Aren't Allowed To Be SOLD IN MIAMI?!

So i will have to drive my happy Butt up to Broward, stop at a gun shop and purchase two there! why does Miami have such a STUPID ordinance? a gun shop can sell firearms designed for extreme damage, but can't sell an alternative form of self defense that is almost guaranteed to not kill someone?(special circumstances like pacemakers excluded)

I fell like moving to texas!

Miami is no longer claimed as part of the State of Florida. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaker View Post
      Miami is no longer claimed as part of the State of Florida. Sorry.
      Also no longer part of the U.S.,I consider it North Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Anglo View Post
        Also no longer part of the U.S.,I consider it North Cuba.
        I have to agree with both of you. and i live right in the heart of hialeah, so i get the full Cuban Experience! LOL

Comment

Hard to beat the good coffee and breakfast that you can pick up in all the "cafeteria's" in the Hialeah area. I love me some Cuban Coffee and those little bread sticks they cook. Can't remember what that bread is called right now.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

there my be lot's of Cuban's but the place is ran by northern lib's that is down here

Comment

first of all, Miami is not stupid! The ones who are stupid are the people that live there that let the laws be enacted in the first place.

Secondly, spend some time doing your research and you can save yourself a lot of money and aggravation by finding out what the law actually reads concerning Tasers and a college campus.

Tasers are not allowed on a college campus. A stun gun, which is completely different from a taser, is allowed on the college campus but only if the carrier is a registered student, faculty, or employee awith a concealed weapons permit, and carries the stun gun concealed.

A tazer is not allowed because it actually shoots out darts connected to the wires of the tazer.

What is stupid is not buying Gutmacher's book (Florida Firearms Law) and actually learning what the law allows you to do or not do.....

Personally, I prefer Florida gun laws over Texas gun laws. However if you feel differently that is why interstate 10 goes west. If you educate yourself on the firearm laws here in Florida you will get a lot more enjoyment and less aggravation out of your shooting experience.

One final suggestion, be careful who you accept advice from concerning the Florida laws. Bad advice does not hurt the person who gives it but instead can ruin the person who accepts it.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                first of all, Miami is not stupid! The ones who are stupid are the people that live there that let the laws be enacted in the first place.

Secondly, spend some time doing your research and you can save yourself a lot of money and aggravation by finding out what the law actually reads concerning Tasers and a college campus.

Tasers are not allowed on a college campus. A stun gun, which is completely different from a taser, is allowed on the college campus but only if the carrier is a registered student, faculty, or employee awith a concealed weapons permit, and carries the stun gun concealed.

A tazer is not allowed because it actually shoots out darts connected to the wires of the tazer.

What is stupid is not buying Gutmacher's book (Florida Firearms Law) and actually learning what the law allows you to do or not do.....

Personally, I prefer Florida gun laws over Texas gun laws. However if you feel differently that is why interstate 10 goes west. If you educate yourself on the firearm laws here in Florida you will get a lot more enjoyment and less aggravation out of your shooting experience.

One final suggestion, be careful who you accept advice from concerning the Florida laws. Bad advice does not hurt the person who gives it but instead can ruin the person who accepts it.

Don
                Thanks don,
                and i meant to say a stun gun, i always get them confused, but i am talking about the non-projectile device. but my thing about this is why it is so upsetting to people that we, as college students and responsibly armed citizens can't defend ourselves in a crisis. elementary and highschools i understand, but college campus' are attended by full grown(physically, not always mentally) adults. I apologize for my wording. I do love living in miami, i am cuban decent and have lived here my entire life in the heart of hialeah.

I do have Gutmacher's book, and read it periodically depending on the subject i'm curious about. It just amazes me that we are so restricted, and we allow ourselves to be so restricted. even if not allowed a gun on campus, 15 people with stun guns will certainly be able to overcome 1 or 2 armed assailants. Even on your walk to your car late at nigh (which i and my girlfriend do regularly as we have night classes) there is a greater chance of coming out of the situation unharmed than if you are forced to be completely unarmed. it just bothes me is all.

Comment

Its difficult to understand the various gun laws from city to city, state to state and to attempt to apply logic to them will usually make your head hurt. We as gun owners long for a simpler time when only the local sheriff made you hang up your gun when you came to town to hit the local saloon to blow off some steam, so to speak.

All we can do is continue to maneuver through the mine field of gun laws, be careful to adhere to the law of the land and do what we can to vote in politicians that share our concerns for the second amendment.

Want things changed? Become as active as you can to let officials know how you feel. Send the e-mails, write the letters and make the calls, when you can. Make sure to join up with the gun rights organization of your choice that will fight the battle for you each day while you work.

Hard to understand the drive to render students defenseless. Makes them prey when they are at an age and already attractive to the sicko's that walk the streets.

Comment

By the way, My gripe was more about the fact that they don't allow the sale of stun guns in Miami dade county. Everything else i will have to learn to deal with. But that just seems kinda silly.

Comment

There are currently 65 users online. 2 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                    X