Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Gun Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Gun Control

In an article focused on advice for mothers, Popsugarmagazine warns that water guns should not be allowed in the home because they “normalize” real guns.

The author of the article, Lauren Levy, stresses that her mother had some non-negotiables in their home, and a ban on water guns was one of them.

After recounting how she grew up in a home lacking either water guns or real ones, Levy writes:
    These “toys” are also sending mixed messages and diluting the most important ones: guns are no joke. Guns aren’t innocent, even if they are “harmless” and in plastic form. These are weapons that can end lives, and as much as we want to teach our kids about gun control and safety, we contradict ourselves the second we allow them to run around with toy versions to shoot their friends.
    She adds:
    Popular water guns also make light of a very serious situation. There are some children who will never smile again — all because someone picked up a gun. At the same time, we have little ones playing and laughing over the very thing that is killing other kids. It just isn’t right.
    Levy says it is acceptable to buy “water shooting toys” that are not shaped like guns; she calls them “water squirters.” Even though the squirters may shoot water further, faster, or harder than “water guns,” it is okay because they do not look like guns.

In the end, the difference between a water gun and a “water squirter” is moot. Either way, kids are shooting each other with their toys.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rol-seriously/

Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

This is my response to that nonsense...

0ad.png
    Go, Trump, Go!

Comment

What about x-box and all the cool shoot'em up games on there? Call of duty the World at War is one you can play with other kids around the World. Choice of weapons and a lot of killing. Most of the popular games are games of killing something or somebody. Liberals at there finest. Because they don't like it, it should be done away with.

All I could say to her is, go to your safe space and polish your diaper pin that you wear so proudly... ​​​​​​​
      The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his/her rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
        What about x-box and all the cool shoot'em up games on there? Call of duty the World at War is one you can play with other kids around the World. Choice of weapons and a lot of killing. Most of the popular games are games of killing something or somebody. Liberals at there finest. Because they don't like it, it should be done away with.

All I could say to her is, go to your safe space and polish your diaper pin that you wear so proudly... ​​​​​​​
        Bet her kids play those games, along with their friends. The gore and violence in games and on TV is what makes these kids not think there is any danger. After all, when you get "killed", you merely hit the reset button.

I wonder if she realizes more folks are killed by cars or abortions than guns - bet she approves of both. Wonder if her "safe space" if colored pink with pictures of bunnies and butterflies?

Comment

Three times as many people are killed, and over 200,000 injured by doctors and hospitals through medical malpractice than by guns in the US every year
          Why do I carry? Somebody else will pick the day I need my gun, not me.

Comment

I watch a video on kids and the play room. There were no toy guns in the toy box. So the boys simply bent Barbie in half at the waist and used her in place of toy guns.

Comment

There are currently 86 users online. 0 members and 86 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
            X