Welcome to the Florida Gun Forum!
Learn more about the Taurus firearms here!
Learn more about Heritage Manufacturing here!Learn more about the Rossi firearms here!
Visit Target Sports USA!Visit Stainless Steel Guide Rods!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Gov. Scott bans Bumpfire stocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Gov. Scott bans Bumpfire stocks

What are people who bought them legally supposed to do with them. destroy them, sell them out of state. No provision for timeline. What a dumb **** law. What are you guys going to do who own them.

keep it you can't get another one the only thing ban is the sell of them

Comment

I believe the law says Possession of.

Comment

I read the whole bill this morning. The Stock ban does not occur until 01 October of this year so I am sure there will be some guidance issued by then. It should have been addressed in the bill.

The lions share of the bill is the establishment of School safety and funding for same.

The three day waiting period still has exemptions for Concealed carry holders and also for people who have completed a Hunter safety course. I think that is a new exemption but maybe I was just unaware of it.

The 21 years of age restriction appears to only apply to purchases from FFL's. Did not see where it actually prohibited 18 to 21's from possession or private sales.

Lastly, the ability for LEO's to seize weapons from people they consider threats requires prior due process and has a path for reinstatement of rights and the return of firearms/ammo in a timely manner. One thing that bothers me about that is that there is no requirement for LEO agencies to exercise "due care" while in possession to minimize damage. I would be hella pizzed if some of my over/unders came back all scratched up. If the court refuses to give the firearms back, the owner has an option to transfer them to a friend or family member who is not prohibited from owning firearms.

"If guns cause crime, all mine are defective." ~ Ted Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by Just Dave View Post
          I read the whole bill this morning. The Stock ban does not occur until 01 October of this year so I am sure there will be some guidance issued by then. It should have been addressed in the bill.

The lions share of the bill is the establishment of School safety and funding for same.

The three day waiting period still has exemptions for Concealed carry holders and also for people who have completed a Hunter safety course. I think that is a new exemption but maybe I was just unaware of it.

The 21 years of age restriction appears to only apply to purchases from FFL's. Did not see where it actually prohibited 18 to 21's from possession or private sales.

Lastly, the ability for LEO's to seize weapons from people they consider threats requires prior due process and has a path for reinstatement of rights and the return of firearms/ammo in a timely manner. One thing that bothers me about that is that there is no requirement for LEO agencies to exercise "due care" while in possession to minimize damage. I would be hella pizzed if some of my over/unders came back all scratched up. If the court refuses to give the firearms back, the owner has an option to transfer them to a friend or family member who is not prohibited from owning firearms.
          Thank you for that summarization. Much appreciated.
          President Trump IS My President!

Comment

I bought one years ago for no good reason. It is packed up in storage somewhere. Not even sure which box to start looking in. The NRA has already announced they will file a lawsuit against the bill. Time to buy me some more made in USA NRA stuff to support the NRA and American businesses.
            Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
            What ever happened to common?
            ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

Saw where they (NRA) are challenging this law. But what are basing the challenge on?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed308 View Post
                Saw where they (NRA) are challenging this law. But what are basing the challenge on?
                Age discrimination.

Comment

Here is the bill, all 105 pages of it.

PDF.pdf

Comment

We are planning on moving to Florida this summer. And here I thought NH had gotten too anti-gun! If they didn't waive the waiting period for Concealed Carry licenses, I would have just decided to move elsewhere. It's bad enough that NH has their own point-of-contact center at the State Police, and that only 3 people staff it. You have to drive 2 or 3 hours to find most decent firearm deals, and 2 or 3 hours back home, with a wait of up to 2 hours in between.

Comment

You don't need a SlideFire stock, just use your belt loop. Both means allows a person to spray and pray and a waste of ammo.
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFFQHVRaoU
                      US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
                      — Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As we all know, none of the bands or restrictions will stop something like the school shooting. But they must do SOMETHING! Who cares if it actually helps, they get to infringe on our 2nd Amendment Rights! I have a thought, if they really want to prevent deaths eliminate cars or restrict them to 10mph. That would save more lives than eliminating or restricting ANY or ALL firearms. So you say you want to save LIVES or do you just want to control firearms?
                        Sense, Courtesy, Decency-
                        What ever happened to common?
                        ----------------------------------

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Comment

There are currently 111 users online. 3 members and 108 guests.

Most users ever online was 769 at 10:54 AM on 04-13-2016.

Working...
                        X